Board index PBase PaD Discussion January challenge

PaD Discussion

January challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
borisalex

Re: January challenge

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm

ces0357 wrote:I'm in for the gate one! Lots and lots of them here. Good one, Coleen!!!!! You rock!

I read today, that a car driver hit Bush´s gated home in Dallas! Such a shame, he missed him! Inch´allah!

janicecd

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:45 am

We don't have many gates around here, but I am keen to go looking for some - might be a good way to get me out exercising in the neighbourhood.

Merry Christmas to all
Cheers, Janice

travelingrabbit

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

borisalex wrote:I read today, that a car driver hit Bush´s gated home in Dallas! Such a shame, he missed him! Inch´allah!

It is a shame that a man who claims to be a good Christian has such hatred in his heart, especially during the Christmas season. :(

borisalex

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:19 am

travelingrabbit wrote:
borisalex wrote:I read today, that a car driver hit Bush´s gated home in Dallas! Such a shame, he missed him! Inch´allah!

It is a shame that a man who claims to be a good Christian has such hatred in his heart, especially during the Christmas season. :(

I think the car driver was so excited to see Mr. Bush, that he lost control of his car, accidentally hit Mr. Bushes´s "gated" home and couldn´t see him anymore afterwards,because of questioning, so he missed him! What else did you think, I thought?
Cheers
Btw...we have free speech HERE, unlike some other places in the world! Wikileaks is an good example!

alina_kurbiel

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:22 pm

borisalex wrote:
travelingrabbit wrote:

I think the car driver was so excited to see Mr. Bush, that he lost control of his car, accidentally hit Mr. Bushes´s "gated" home and couldn´t see him anymore afterwards,because of questioning, so he missed him! What else did you think, I thought?
Cheers
Btw...we have free speech HERE, unlike some other places in the world! Wikileaks is an good example!

Could you be so nice and explain your last sentence too? Quote: Inch´allah!?

texces

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:29 am

We don't have to many cultural areas around here. Everyone pretty much lives altogether and not in separate communities so finding different cultures would be very difficult. I'm still on board for the gates, though. Found some great ones the last few days in East Texas. :)

lynnh

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 am

We don't have differences in cultures here, so I don't think that challenge would work for me. Sugar Land is predominately Asian, Indian, Hispanic. But everyone wears the same clothes, and lives in similar houses, goes to same restaurants and schools and there aren't really any differences to be found without going into someone's house or something. I'll go with Gates. We have some very beautiful and interesting gates here!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lynnh

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 am

AND... the tragedy about the car crash at George Bush's house was that it was a 68 Plymouth Hemi-cuda muscle car. Hate to see a hot vintage car get hurt. The man was showing off and the gas pedal stuck.
Last edited by lynnh on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

texces

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 am

I'm ready to rock and roll on this challenge....found some gates around me that I really like. Haven't shot any pics of them yet but I will!

marielou

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....Shall we be doing illustrations of the DOORS songs ?... :lol: :lol: :lol:

lynnh

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Boris, gates do not shut one out. That would be a fence. A gate is a portal, a door through which we pass from one realm to another. I believe that your photo gallery of cultures around town would be viewed at a gate. A gate that opens to an opportunity to learn about others.

denniswarren

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:08 pm

I like your last comment Lynn, it shows a true wisdom and compassion for acccepting others.

borisalex

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Thank you Lynn, this is constructive, I love it!

My point was, having lived in Orange County (the whole county is gated, no blacks, no hispanic, in the streets where I lived), CA, 5 years and in Nashville, Green Hills, two years, I never understood only why to cross a street to find yourself in another world, I always felt sorry! Plus, on top is that the gates I know were protected areas, where rich people live. Friends lived there and we visited, to enter, knowing the code at the gate. Maybe I misunderstood the gate thing you guys are talking about. We have here....no gates, we do have doors, entrances, portals! This is nice to photograph!

I´m sorry, if I was misunderstood, but please respect also my point of view, regarding gates, the one I know from the US!

I will certainly join this challenge to show all nice entrances etc. here, mostly of baroque and old houses.

Guten Rutsch in´s Neue Jahr
wünscht Euch
Boris

lynnh

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm very proud of Sugar Land's diversity. We've been named by the Anti-Defamation League as a City of Respect for 3 years in a row. Our neighborhoods are completely mixed, as are our schools and businesses. We are also named as one of the Safest Cities in America.

http://www.usariseup.com/feature-storie ... -diversity

amoxtli

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:10 pm

This is the racial make-up of Orange County, California, mentioned earlier in this thread, according to wikipedia:

"According to Census Bureau's 2006 American Community Survey the racial or ethnic makeup of the county was 64.76% White, 16.05% Asian, 0.33% Pacific Islander, 1.72% African American, 0.38% Native American, 14.32% from other races, and 2.44% from two or more races. 32.89% of the population were Hispanic of any race. 30.49% of the population was foreign born."
Last edited by amoxtli on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion January challenge