Board index PBase PaD Discussion Possible Monthly December Challenge

PaD Discussion

Possible Monthly December Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
texces

Possible Monthly December Challenge

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:48 am

I know I learn from all the pbasers out here and thought maybe doing an image a day to honor another Pbaser. Maybe use the style you like that they do or a subject, or whatever. Since Christmas is coming up this could be something you'd like to show your favorites how much you appreciate their work. What do y'all think?

Just an idea...

Cindi

lainesphotos

Re: Possible Monthly December Challenge

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:28 pm

I could never do some of the Padders work justice or look as good as them...yes Cindi, I mean you in your showgirl outfit :D :D

December is a heavy month for me with work and home preparations so I think I may free fly and post only when I can.

Have fun one and all

Laine

norm4fun

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 am

That is hard work trying to imitate someone else, mayby we should try something easier. Colors, photo reminding a song, with it attached, textures, garage things, kitchen things, even summer vacation things... we got our first full day at 0°C.. everything with a light ice coat.

emmelafoto

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:21 am

Cindi, I like your idea a lot. I know Barbara has a gallery completely dedicated to other pBasers. It is brilliant.
But it is also difficult to do. If this is going to be it, I wil join!

I had another idea: One Thousand and One Nights: Choose 31 different stories/tales from this famous collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales and let them inspire a photo.

Maaike

texces

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't know those stories...I'd have to google them but it does sound interesting.

norm4fun

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Do I have to find a 1001 models? :)))))))

borisalex

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 pm

1001 night...sounds good to me!

The fairy tales from 1001 night are a collection of eastern stories - whose most well-known Aladdin, Ali Baba and Sindbad also part of the western cultural property became. By many centuries through the charm of these fairy tales kept and developed further. Naturally nearly each child knows the famous Disney filmings. Since to today the wisdom hidden in the fairy tales young and old equally is able to bind, the “theatre with horizon” would like to kidnap Aladdins into the wondrous world of exciting history.

This is a translation by computer..sorry, but I think you get the sense!

texces

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 am

I don't know enough about the books to really know what to shoot. I know a little but never read any of them growing up. I understand my suggestion wasn't one that anyone wanted to do and that is fine with me. I'll just have to think about if I can do the other option.

emmelafoto

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I really don't mind any other suggestion and I do like Cindi's!!! It definitely will be a challenge!

amoxtli

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Great idea Cindi, I wish I could join you, but December is going to be a very busy month for me. I hope you have a lot of fun. See you next year. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

chenchena

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:10 am

I collected some titles of One Thousand and One Nights: stories/tales of this famous collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories, just to give an insight in what the discussion and the titles are about.
The Eldest Lady's Tale
Tale of the Tailor
The Birds and Beasts and the Carpenter The Hermits
The Water-Fowl and the Tortoise
The Wolf and the Fox Tale of the Falcon and the Partridge
The Mouse and the Cat
The Cat and the Crow
The Fox and the Crow
The Flea and the Mouse
The Saker and the Birds
The Sparrow and the Eagle
The Hedgehog and the Wood Pigeons
The Merchant and the Two Sharpers
The Thief and His Monkey
The Foolish Weaver
The Sparrow and the Peacock
The Sweep and the Noble Lady
The Man Who Stole the Dish of Gold Wherein The Dog Ate
Al-Malik al-Nasir and the Three Chiefs of Police
The Ruined Man Who Became Rich Again Through a Dream
The Woman's Trick Against Her Husband
The Devout Woman and the Two Wicked Elders
The Drop of Honey
The Stolen Necklace
The Two Pigeons
The Stolen Purse
The Three Wishes
The Crows and the Hawk
The Man and his Wife The Merchant and the Robbers
Breslau nights
The Simpleton Husband
the Art of Enlarging Pearls
The King Who Kenned the Quintessence of Things
Alaeddin and The Wonderful Lamp
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Ali Khwajah and the Merchant of Baghdad
The Two Sisters Who Envied Their Cadette
The Three Princes of China

I think the titles can be a great inspiration for photo's.
But for most people December is a busy month, so I can imagine that it would be to complicated.

Cheers Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

barbara_heide

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:24 am

ces0357 wrote:I know I learn from all the pbasers out here and thought maybe doing an image a day to honor another Pbaser. Maybe use the style you like that they do or a subject, or whatever. Since Christmas is coming up this could be something you'd like to show your favorites how much you appreciate their work. What do y'all think?

Just an idea...

Cindi

I've been doing this for a long time http://www.pbase.com/barbara_heide/inspired , but this is hard work and coming up with a picture every day doesn't sound possible for me...
anyway, I think I won't be available to follow the Challenge in December...so take care and see you next year!

Thank you very much for this exciting November challenge... and all your kind feed-back

cheers
Barbara

travelingrabbit

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 am

CIRCULAR: http://www.pbase.com/image/130722541

Only 1 more image to go before the great secret is revealed! Ha! :lol:
Thanks so much for your comments yesterday!
Have a great week!

I will probably not participate in December's Challenge ~ too much going on with Christmas preparations.

texces

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 pm

After a lot of consideration, and with two more weddings to have to shoot along with Christmas coming up, I probably won't participate. I thought I could but I don't know if I can find the time. But, y'all have fun. I like the list and that should help all who do participate. I definately will try to view everyone's images.

Cindi :? :cry:

norm4fun

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Hedgehog! ... we purchased one to be born this week, but will only have it in a few months if survives. Too late for here. :)

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Possible Monthly December Challenge