Board index PBase PaD Discussion October Challenge suggestion

PaD Discussion

October Challenge suggestion

discuss photo-a-day projects
texces

October Challenge suggestion

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:29 am

I was thinking maybe for October we could do "In the Nature of Things". Nature shots since the seasons are changing except in some areas where it stays the same...however, it would include scenery, animals or anything to do with Nature. What do y'all think?

Cindi

amoxtli

Re: October Challenge suggestion

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 am

Sounds good to me Cindi. I would like to suggest that the shots have to be taken in October, but not necessarily on the day they are posted. Gives us a little more leeway.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

emmelafoto

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 am

Fine with me.
Maaike

travelingrabbit

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

Hey, I really like Cindi's idea! And I also agree with Walter ~ October shots only. :D

borisalex

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:37 pm

I do like Cind´s idea, but your title: "In the nature of things", could have a different meaning too, something like the "The essential of things" :D
Like this: "essential element; essential part; key ingredient; main constituent "

Cheers
Boris

yazziegirl

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm

I like the broader view of Boris's "Nature of things". Cindi's is great, but sometimes there are other "events" that sneak in during the month.

lynnh

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I agree with Cindi and Walter. Nature of Things, and all shots should be October. In addition to the Autumn and Spring changes in nature, there are also the natural interactions that happen in these seasons. Falling in love in the spring. Planting. Biking, hiking. And in the Autumn, we are mourning our lost summer, going to festivals, harvesting... I'm sure everyone can find plenty of subjects.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

laroseforest

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I also love Cindi's suggestion! Hope we go with it.

texces

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Looks like the consensus is doing the "Nature of Things". Now, this could include rust as that happens naturally and part of Natures way of changing things. Yes, October images only and we can think outside the box too!

Cindi

After more folks put their two cents in I'll post it in the forum.

travelingrabbit

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 pm

I say, "You go girl"!!!!! Love the idea of Nature of Things! :lol:

marielou

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Could we also understand the "Things of Nature" ?

reflectionsofnature

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:20 pm

I am keen on "nature of things" as a theme! But I like Boris's idea for a broad and creative interpretation of the theme that doesn't necessarily restrict one to photos of nature. People could interpret "nature of things" to mean "the way things work", for example.

texces

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 am

That's what these challenges are all about. I want folks to think outside the box...you can do nature shots but there are other interpretations as well. Creativity is the key. Just go with the flow....no set definition. Nature or natural things would be okay such as happiness, fun, love....the list is endless. How things work together is also a variation.

Will that work for everyone?

So, I'll post the challenge on the forum on Thursday morning.

marielou

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

As we are in a challenge way of work I think the subject must be more restrictive. We can have a restrained, stiff title and be creative at the same time. I guess the meanings of the word challenge is there.
I suggest a title like : "Creation of Nature", which means things the human industry never touch, interfere with.

cjphipps_servo

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Hoping to participate in October ~ I really like the ideas.

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion October Challenge suggestion