Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Challenge

PaD Discussion

Weekly Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
1designguy

Re: Weekly Challenge

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 am

lisamidi wrote:Hi everyone,
as I have not yet participated in the weekly topic but like the idea, I wonder if there is a list of themes already done these last years...first to see some examples to understand how it works and second: why not give some of these a second chance?
I think that this would bring different ideas some years later for those you participated in the past and could work for those who are newcomers?
Of course there is the copyright question... :)
Lisa

Bev has offered to email me the list from the past five years. That should help to avoid too much repetition. Some are worthy or a revisit. Others are natural repeats (holiday, season, etc.).

I will try to share at least part of the list (there are about 250 themes) when I get them. Another thing you can do is search the forum (titc, thursday, challege) and will be able to look at the themes and submittals. This will be fun for sure.

imorozoff

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Scott, I'm in agreement for a Friday topic and a Monday post. Thank you for stepping up to carry this on. I'll give some thought to topics and will forward what I can via pmail. No reason we all can't contribute.

carolynne_w

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 am

I am so happy to see that the weekly challenge is going to continue in a weekender mode as Saturday and Sunday are often my best days for "shooting". I would also be willing to help out and also suggest that people might volunteer for a month to get the pressure off the organizer every so often.
-Carolynne

jolka

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 am

Great idea, Scott, posting the topic on Friday, shooting through the weekend and posting the pic on Monday sounds perfect. I'm very happy we'll continue our weekly challenge experience :)
Shall we start today? :roll: :P

1designguy

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Walter and I tossed an idea between us yesterday.

LOOK HERE in the PaD Forum SHORTLY for the FIRST of the NEW WEEKLY CHALLENGES.

studge

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Fantastic news and idea, Im definately in. I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of a weekend challenge for the same reasons as Scott, time with family. We should get some interesting challenges from Scott and Walter, big well done and thank you for taking this on. I will miss the first one as I am away in the lakes next week, but will take part as soon as i get back.
Thanks
Colin Storey

curlykath

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Glad to see the weekly challenge will continue in safe hands, with you and Walter taking it on.

I think it was said in The Sound of Music. "When one door closes someone opens a window" or words to that effect, I look forward with anticipation to the new challenges.

Thanks once again, Kathryn

timbg

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm glad someone has stepped up to head up a weekly challenge. I briefly considered volunteering myself, but I am already over extended at the moment.

I like the idea of posting the challenge on Friday and submitting our results Sunday / Monday. I ended up with a lot of indoor and/or macro shots on Thursday, just because there was no time to get outside in daylight during the week.

I think we could all come up with some ideas for a challenge if we had someone to send the ideas to...

I look forward to the first challenge!!!

1designguy

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm

timbg wrote:I'm glad someone has stepped up to head up a weekly challenge. I briefly considered volunteering myself, but I am already over extended at the moment.

I like the idea of posting the challenge on Friday and submitting our results Sunday / Monday. I ended up with a lot of indoor and/or macro shots on Thursday, just because there was no time to get outside in daylight during the week.

I think we could all come up with some ideas for a challenge if we had someone to send the ideas to...

I look forward to the first challenge!!!

I won't speak for Walter but you are free to Pmail them to me. The other option is to use this thread and post them so others can see what ideas have been put out there. The Weekly Challenge topic for this week is posted for anyone who is ready to get started. Have a great weekend.

Scott

laine82

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Good on you Scott & Walter...I like the idea of more flexablity. I don't access pbase at my work station so time is always an issue for me!!
Look forward to the beginning!!

bdean

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 pm

I love this idea! I'm new to pbase too and the Thursday challenge has been difficult due to timing for me.

Thanks!
Brenda

travelingrabbit

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

So glad that Scott and Walter will be co-hosting the new weekend challenge! Looking forward to the first topic! :D

Thanks for taking charge Scott! :P :P

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for moving us forward Scott and Walter. Hope Bev and Lee will join in the new weekly fun.
Carol

birsay

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 am

I missed this over the past few days, but will certainly be joining in soon! Heck, I may even post a pic from this weekend!! :D

Doug

1designguy

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:27 pm

birsay wrote:I missed this over the past few days, but will certainly be joining in soon! Heck, I may even post a pic from this weekend!! :D

Doug

Excellent! I think this will be good. I can't see Pbase without this type of positive interaction.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Challenge