Board index PBase PaD Discussion Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK, Sat 10 July

PaD Discussion

Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK, Sat 10 July

discuss photo-a-day projects
gaild

Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK, Sat 10 July

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Is anyone interested in a day out at Hampton Court flower show on Saturday 10 July? Lots of photo opportunities and plenty of opportunity to sample the Pimms too :D

A full day ticket costs £28 (10am to 7.30pm). Further details are here http://www.rhs.org.uk/Shows-Events/Hamp ... -Show/2010
It's a 30 minute train ride from Waterloo Station or a direct bus ride from Victoria station.

Who's up for a fun day in the garden??? Come and join us... everyone is welcome.

Gail
Last edited by gaild on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

reddishtiger

Re: Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK - Sat 10 July

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Count me in!

abrazo

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Me too!! :)

cathryngallacher

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 pm

And me!

romy_uk

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

It's a definite maybe ! :lol:

Rose

beverley_h

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 pm

well i've got to say yes...have'nt i!! lol...:)
b
xx

nickythurgar

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Book me in too... that's one weekend I'm not shooting a wedding over the summer! :? :wink:

nickythurgar

Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:02 am

Whoops, just realised I might have a wedding on that day... I'll have to quote such a high price they don't book me! :?

peter_r

Re: Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK, Sat 10 July

Post Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 am

Would love to come and meet up with you all, will confirm later :)
PETER

gaild

Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:04 am

Peter, Fantastic.... we'd love to see you. Gail

abrazo

Post Thu May 20, 2010 7:20 am

Hi everyone! Time is ticking on and we are all busy with the general stuff of life but has anyone given thought to hotels for this meet.
If we want to stay near to Hampton Court it may already be too late to book rooms as the Show is so popular. Any ideas ......anyone?!

Ann :)

clickaway

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 am

I have no specific suggestions, but you should choose your hotel at the same time as thinking about how are you to reach the show.

Hampton Court Palace is at a bit of a traffic pinch at the best times and at the show it is even worse.

The official Park and Ride site is at Apps Court Farm about two or three miles to the west along the A3050 and this counts as Walton-on-Thames so you can try that area, also East/West Molesey. The P+R site is immediately north of Knight Reservoir which shows up on Google Maps. You will see that this site is not in town as such.

Another possibility, is to find somewhere on the local railway line that terminates at Hampton Court station (directly opposite the palace on the other side of the river bridge). Trains from Waterloo every 30 minutes and they usually double the length of the trains during the show. They stop at Thames Ditton, Surbiton, and all other stations (including Wimbledon) to town except Queenstown Road Battersea (but you would hardly want to stay there!!!).

I don't think there is any advantage from catching any coach/express bus from central London as you'll just get caught in traffic!

Kingston is quite nearby too - about two miles. That road will be clogged up, but you could bus it (plenty of buses). It is a busy shopping centre (with shoe shops).

Useful links:-
Train timetable http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/uploads/14may10.pdf
Map showing bus routes http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ ... us-map.pdf
Some Kingston accommodation http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/kingston.html
Some Walton on Thames accommodation http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/waltonon.html

I won't be going to the show, but will be more than happy to see you in the evening.

Ray x

cathryngallacher

Post Wed May 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Thanks, Ray! And everyone: don't forget to buy your tickets! Some categories are already 'limited'.

victoriaelvaxu

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Count me in , looking forward to meet up !!!!!! cheers :D :D :D

enjoy every match of world cup

:D :D :D

Li / Victoria xx
I am the girl who begin to touch everything, touch the thing i might don't know, life seems is coloursful forme, but sometime it is really tough anyway!! I choose smile to face every morning...this is me...positive person...it is Victoria

peter_r

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Count me in to, :D :D :D

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Meet-up: Hampton Court Flower Show UK, Sat 10 July