Board index PBase PaD Discussion Non PADers posting anyway....

PaD Discussion

Non PADers posting anyway....

discuss photo-a-day projects
mysticchyna

Non PADers posting anyway....

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:30 am

I know this subject has been brought up...but I am seeing a lot of "normal" photos dumped into the PaD gallery section. I'm thinking that it is happenig a lot because a lot of folks don't really understand the PaD concept in the first place.

I hope I don't get bitched out for this...but I have started leaving comments informing these people they should make a PaD gallery. It may sound rude...but really...if it's gonna be so flexable...than I suppose a Nikon user should be free to post photos in the Canon users group..or a Canon photo should be free to post in the Oly users groupl....does this make any sense?
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

clickaway

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:04 am

It seems that some people do not understand what PAD is all about and may be innocent. But I imagine some just nominate their "normal" gallery to get in the PAD meta-gallery to get more exposure.

I'm sure a polite message clarifying what the MetaGallery is there for will help.

Thanks

i_fly

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:45 pm

I think that a part of this is unintentional. Recently I discoverd two icelandic persons appearing on the PAD meta gallery, and by a quick look at their work it was obvious that neither of them were anywhere near doing PAD.
I did send them a friendly note, explaining the game. One of them replied, told me that he was not at all aware of his gallery being marked as a PAD gallery, and begged for my assistance as how to remove linking to the meta gallery. He was very surprised and told me that he most certainly did not want to "invade" our forum - he simply did not know of this.

I wonder if there is some snatch in the gallery creation procedure, leading to some galleries being defined as PAD galleries, even without the respective owner being aware of this ??

Maybe Slug should rewrite the instructions on the bottom of the gallery edit form, with better explanation of the game - this option was indeed created for us PADers, meant to replace the tedious work of keeping manually track of the group.

Pall Gudjonsson

mox

Re: Non PADers posting anyway....

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:59 pm

wait...I just answered my own question from the initial post in the News forum. I realize now that you can link yourself into PaD from your root gallery. I was grandfathered in, so I didn't realize it. It's probably not real clear to people, they may even think they're supposed to have a "feature" gallery of some sort.

don't know how you'd fix that unless it's just like you stated...The PaD'ers begin sending polite messages actually "encouraging" pbase folks to join us...and explaining that the Meta Gallery is a great way to show your Picture of The Day.

Tough one actually.

Mark
Visit Mark Jones' Galleries
Nikon Coolpix3100 since May 03
Nikon FG since 1985
http://www.pbase.com/mox

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Non PADers posting anyway....