Board index PBase PaD Discussion I'm Joining the PaD experience...

PaD Discussion

I'm Joining the PaD experience...

discuss photo-a-day projects
toddono

I'm Joining the PaD experience...

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 am

I've been lurking around for the last few months in anticipation of purchasing a new digital camera. My new Digital Rebel 300 arrived on my door a few weeks ago! I signed up for a pbase account and I've started posting. After some thought and review of comments about PaD, I've decided to jump in.

A question, does everyone prefer to name their photo by the date of the shot taken? Do you break up the year into gallery months?

Everyone is welcome to stop by and review. Feel free to comment on the pictures, input is welcome.

http://pbase.com/toddono/

clickaway

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:21 am

Hi, and welcome to the PAD experience. I have a Rebel too and have great fun with it.

I prefer to include some kind of date in my main caption for the simple reason we can easily see where the lastest photo is when looking through your gallery. Some folks upload showing the latest at the top of the gallery, whilst others newest work appears at the bottom of their page.

There are no rules either about what time span your gallery should cover. Some folks do it month by month, others for a whole year. I actually have my main gallery covering the last 6-8 weeks say and then create sub-galleries to cover previous indivdual months.
If you do one gallery for a whole year, it will eventually take a long time to load each time once you have 200-300 photos there.

But really just go about it as you think best. The only rules are to take one photo a day and to try and be creative, whilst having fun at the same time!

Ray

toddono

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm

Thanks for the input. I was wondering how best to keep the PAD organized. I like your advice about monthly sub folders. Also, I'll look at that top-posting function. I hadn't even noticed that in the gallery setup.

Thanks!

mysticchyna

Welcome Abord

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Welcome to the PAD.
I create gallery within the PAD gallery i make for each month.
I'm am jealous of your camera...I want one SO bad. I look forward to your photos.
Lisa
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

toddono

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:24 pm

Yes, I like my camera a lot. I LUSTED after this camera for the better part of a year before buying it. I would make repeat visits to the steves digicam site just to look at the sample pictures, the reviews and the specs. It was a bit of a culture shock though, going from a Pentax K1000, which is all manual/film, to an all digital Rebel.

kent

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:14 pm

Welcome to PaDing. There aren't too many rules actually. So feel free to set your gallery up as you see fit. Just remember to designate it as your PaD gallery so that your most recent addition will show up in the PaD meta gallery.

I put the date into the title of each of my PaDs and then at the end of each month, group all of that month's shots into a sub-gallery within my larger PaD gallery, but how you do it is totally up to you.

The bottom line is to have fun with your camera.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion I'm Joining the PaD experience...