Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Images - Any Limits?

PaD Discussion

PAD Images - Any Limits?

discuss photo-a-day projects
gpaai

PAD Images - Any Limits?

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:46 am

What are the boundries on posting a photo a day? Do they have to be from the camera to the gallery, or can an image be enhanced with Photoshop or the likes? Basically, is it an anything goes (using good taste) as long as you post an image a day?

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

vhansen

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:59 am

I think there are guidelines.
When I first joined, I was experimenting with all the features and tried the PaD feature on one of my galleries. During that time, someone left a comment that "This is NOT a PaD gallery!"
(I still don't have one)

gpaai

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:47 am

So just where can PAD rules and conditions be found for those interested in becoming a part of it?

davballguy

rules

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:06 am

welcome, gpaai, and there are no written rules for PaD except for the obvious one that you must post at least one new photo a day or else have a good excuse! Photoshopped photos are very welcome, in fact a lot of people use PS to spruce up their photos for posting.

One of the rules is to have fun! if you browse through the PaD galleries, I'm sure you'll find out how much fun this project is!

wes
A photo a day
Keeps hard workers at play.
http://www.pbase.com/davballguy/

kent

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:35 am

Rules? Beyond posting a photograph a day (and sometimes that isn't even possible to follow) I hope there aren't any rules.

Too many rules squelch creativity when it comes to this kind of endeavor. :cry:

Just take photographs and post one a day. You'll be amazed at how creative you get when it comes to finding new subjects.

brother_mark

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:46 am

It's called Photo a Day because you take a photo everyday. You post it as frequently as you can. But everyday you try to take a photo. (Some people vary the standards of what they want to be taking--good, anything, never cropped after shooting, whatever.) Further ideas behind it vary, maybe you take a photo (or more) a day for the purpose of learning a new camera and its features; or to practice your photography skills; or to train your eye to "see" photos in the everyday doings of your life; or to illustrate a daily written diary; or because you shoot everyday for a living and it's stifling your creativity, so this is an outlet, a project for you and you alone.

You can "photoshop" your postings a little, or a lot, though it's not called digitally manipulated photo a day. Mostly people work within the "fixing up" limits of a traditional darkroom, though on a day with a lame photograph, some people will play with it more in PS.

angesoleil825

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:04 pm

Yes, it's NOT POST a photo every day but TAKE a photo every day... You post them when you can in order that you take them.

cjmorgan

Re: PAD Images - Any Limits?

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:30 pm

gpaai wrote:What are the boundries on posting a photo a day?

I can't speak for others.

But for myself, Photo A Day mostly just gives me a reason
to photograph everyday and often times a chance to try something
I might not otherwise try.

Not every single one of the images I've posted was shot within
the last 24 hours. But mostly they are.

But in point of fact, I'm just not creative every single 24 hour period...
having some days where nothing works, and other days where more
than one good image gets constructed.

But generally, I try to look for a bit of the extraordinary within the
ordinary each day, and likewise, as best I can, try to use my camera
each day, if only for a few moments.

Hope that perspective is of some help,
CJ
http://www.pbase.com/cjmorgan/photoaday2004

gpaai

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:45 pm

Hi CJ,

I believe your gallery has given me incentive. I can see now that there is a lot of creative freedom allowed. At first I thought it would be one of those things where the photographer had to be limited to maybe contrast correction, or an ocassional red eye remedy.

You have shown me that the sky is pretty much the limit.

Thanks!

Gary

thejerk

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:24 pm

vhansen wrote:I think there are guidelines.

To the best of my knowledge there are no "guidelines" to creating a PAD. As far as I know anything goes, with good taste as always. I have yet to encounter the "PAD Police", the person that said your gallery was not a PAD was stating their opinion. And as with all comments if you don't like them just delete them.

Bill :o)

vhansen

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:34 pm

I realize that now.

jengle

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:21 am

"MY" rule is to scan and enhance one of my old photos or take a new one each day. When I'm on vacation I post when I get back. For example I just got back from camping and took some California wildflower shots and posted them at http://www.pbase.com/jengle/yuba and also visted Grass Valley and posted them http://www.pbase.com/jengle/grassvalley. My best pic of each day was posted on my PaD http://www.pbase.com/jengle/2004march.

I'm in the process of scanning in old pictures of mine - many of which have never been printed - so they are often the ** FIRST ** viewing even by me - even if they are 30 years old. About 80 or 90% of the pictures I post are new though.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Images - Any Limits?