Board index PBase PaD Discussion considering PAD

PaD Discussion

considering PAD

discuss photo-a-day projects
aestus

considering PAD

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:37 am

Hello PADers

I am considering joining your ranks, though the thought of it is somewhat overwhelming, especially with me being such an amateur. I have checked with my partner to make sure he won't get annoyed when I go all obsessive-compulsive! :? We both recognize that this is a great opportunity for me to really learn to use the tools I have at my disposal.

I want to make sure I get it right if I do it. As I understand it, I should create a gallery (naming it PAD sounds like it might be appropriate!), and click the button to make that gallery my PAD gallery. Then I upload one photo each day to that gallery, and it automatically becomes part of the PAD meta gallery. Does the system know which of the photos in my PAD gallery is the one for that day? Is it automatically the one uploaded that day? What other details about the workings of the PAD galleries can you give me?

Thank you for your help. I look forward to getting the courage to start!

Aestus

juliano

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:25 am

Hey Aestus,

I'm also thinking of joining the PAD ranks sometime before April 1. I think you are correct as to how to set up your PAD gallery, but we'll let the experienced folks confirm that. The PAD seems like a great way to improve your skills, as it forces you to produce a photo for public viewing everyday. I've also enjoyed seeing all the current PAD photographer's work.

Mike

polyvios

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:34 am

That's pretty much it! Create a new gallery, make it you PAD gallery by clicking the button you mentioned and tada!

The meta gallery removes your previous entries as you upload the new photo of the day, and adds a new thumb with the most recent photo.

Well once you create a PAD gallery and add it to the meta-gallery all you really need to worry about is taking a photo a day really...

kent

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:27 pm

Welcome to PaDing.

Don't worry too much about rules (there aren't many) or about not having a "good enough" photograph to post each day. Go with what you've got. I've found that the exercise has caused me to start seeing photographic subjects where I never saw them before.

The idea is to have fun with it. Looking forward to seeing your PaD gallery soon.

clickaway

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:28 pm

We'd love to have you two on board!

I would add that its sometimes useful that there is some indication of the date on your thumbnail caption if at all possible, as some folks work recent uppermost and some the other way round. It helps us see which is your newest photo if we miss it on the meta gallery.

See you soon!

Ray

simonkirk

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:37 pm

obsessive-compulsive! is the mild term for your regular PAD person, we we would welcome anyone to our blossoming community
Simon Kirk

Dynamic Light Photography

ziggers

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:30 pm

Hey hey, welcome to PAD! I hope you choose to go ahead and start, it's so fun!

Looking forward to seeing your gallery!

jude_53

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:47 pm

Welcome Aestus. I've been doing PaD's only since February and I love it. I am very Obsessive Compulsive, which is why i'm having a heart attack as we speak cuz .. um.. i cannot find my camera! I take it everywhere with me and believe (god please) it is on my desk at work. It's sitting there.. laughing at me.. i just know it.

Anyway, enjoy. It is addicting. It is amazing. It is a wonderful learning experience.

Oh.. and it is a blast as well

jude

jude_53

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:49 pm

Welcome Aestus. I've been doing PaD's only since February and I love it. I am very Obsessive Compulsive, which is why i'm having a heart attack as we speak cuz .. um.. i cannot find my camera! I take it everywhere with me and believe (god please) it is on my desk at work. It's sitting there.. laughing at me.. i just know it.

Anyway, enjoy. It is addicting. It is amazing. It is a wonderful learning experience.

Oh.. and it is a blast as well

jude

northstar37

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:19 pm

I just started one yesterday. Just start it up and see how it goes I suppose!

bela45

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:45 pm

Just jump in and join us Aestus:-)
PaD is an innofensive compulsion, you will love it!
Welcome!

aestus

thank you

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:59 pm

Well, a big thank you for all the encouragement. I've gone and done it. Posted my first PAD photo today. I guess that means I'm hooked now.

Woohoo!!!!

Aestus

Board index PBase PaD Discussion considering PAD