Board index PBase PaD Discussion Voting (uggh, this topic again) :(

PaD Discussion

Voting (uggh, this topic again) :(

discuss photo-a-day projects
ironphotographer

agree

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:28 pm

I'm begining to agree with you Megan. Voting and popularity rankings bring out the worst in people at times.

andesheng

Exercise your constitutional right: Vote!

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:36 pm

I don't currently have a PAD gallery, and yes I do enjoy from time to time seeing one of my galleries or photos show up on the Popular Metagallery. And I tend to agree that certain galleries and photos that garner votes would not meet my criteria of "worthy of a vote." So guess what? I don't vote for them. And guess what else? I do vote for galleries and photos that I think are worthy of a vote. It seems fairly simple to me.

Basically I think it all evens out, and that if we could look into the future six months from now that the concern about the "PAD mafia" will have blown over. And I don't think folks with PAD galleries should self-censor - if I see something worthy of a vote I don't want to worry about whether that photographer has requested that I refrain from voting for that image or gallery.

Mark

dazedgonebye

Re: Exercise your constitutional right: Vote!

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:03 pm

andesheng wrote:I don't currently have a PAD gallery, and yes I do enjoy from time to time seeing one of my galleries or photos show up on the Popular Metagallery. And I tend to agree that certain galleries and photos that garner votes would not meet my criteria of "worthy of a vote." So guess what? I don't vote for them. And guess what else? I do vote for galleries and photos that I think are worthy of a vote. It seems fairly simple to me.

Basically I think it all evens out, and that if we could look into the future six months from now that the concern about the "PAD mafia" will have blown over. And I don't think folks with PAD galleries should self-censor - if I see something worthy of a vote I don't want to worry about whether that photographer has requested that I refrain from voting for that image or gallery.

Mark

Perhaps the most sensible comment so far. I need to take a deep breath.

mysticchyna

PAD Gallery Missing Now?

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:45 pm

I few moments ago I went to look at the Pad galleries, and no photos are there. Does this have anything to do with this voting business?

mysticchyna

On Voting

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:49 pm

I actually rarely vote...and don't know if I get voted on much...I have never been in the popular galleries, but my hits are over 407,000, more than most. I think it is rather high school this whole thing. Personally Pbase for me is a place to host my photos so I can link them to my on line jouranl. I also love, love, love looking at so many wonderful galleries here....as there is a wealth of talent here. Bottom line, for me it isn't a contest.

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Voting (uggh, this topic again) :(