Board index PBase PaD Discussion image by association

PaD Discussion

image by association

discuss photo-a-day projects
nicksie

image by association

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:29 pm

Hi all. For those who do not know me I would introduce myself in the PADer roll call - but for some reason I am unable to post replies, although I can start new topics. Any ideas?!

Anyway, how about this for a theme?

Post an image that evokes a memory to you - but without actually posting the image of the subject.

It could be something that you associate with a date in the year, eg birthday, anniversary, or something personal to you.
Or it could be something that, each time you see the object/subject, reminds you of an event.

For example, today I used raspberries. Each time I see or eat raspberries it reminds me of the meal we had in a hotel in Ireland that had raspberry coulis over everything.

D'ya see what I mean?

Looking forward to hearing what other people think, and even seeing what you come up with!

But if you don't see me reply to any of the comments, please do not be offended!

Nikki Harman

http://www.pbase.com/nicksie/2004

ziggers

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:36 pm

That's a very interesting idea, Nikki!!

I'm sure this will spark a lot of creativity!

jillburhans

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:18 pm

Sure I am open to it. What day or would can we choose at random?

jude_53

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:00 am

I think it's a great idea Nikki.. so creative. We, of course, would have to say what it evokes in us and I love the little stories that go with some of the photos.

um... can someone tell me what the "voting drama" is? I"m so ... not in the loop..lol

jude

nicksie

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:53 pm

Next Thursday (25th March) is the day. Why?
I'll show you then!

clickaway

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:43 pm

I've been thinking about this, but cannot really come up with an idea. Hence, my silence on the subject. Until now.

I've got half an idea - I'll think a bit more and see what happens for next Thursday...

isshinryu_mom

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:58 pm

I have an idea but don't know if I can manage to pull it off. But I'll try... I love the concept.

davballguy

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Tough, tough. it's on my calendar though. i also have a midterm that day...hey now!

wes
A photo a day
Keeps hard workers at play.
http://www.pbase.com/davballguy/

ziggers

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:33 pm

Yay! Can't wait to see today who participates and what they shoot for it!

auriga

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:12 pm

I posted my pic for this day but think it got lost overnight. Was sick all day so didn't work on it til late and was kinda disappointed that noone saw it. Just wanted to let you all know I added something and will be sifting though images today from yesterday!

simonkirk

hmmm thinking?

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:25 pm

very nice idea, been off line for a couple of days mentaly and in the physical sense, i will post one up before the day is out for shure.
Simon Kirk

Dynamic Light Photography

juliano

Re: hmmm thinking?

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:33 pm

simonkirk wrote:very nice idea, been off line for a couple of days mentaly and in the physical sense, i will post one up before the day is out for shure.

THANK YOU

thejerk

I missed it!

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:15 pm

That's what I get for not checking on the PAD forum very often! My problem. I didn't know about it until I saw Angela's (ziggers) post. Even though I missed the date set by Nikki I think I will use the idea this weekend.

Great idea Nikki, thanks.

Regards Bill :)

Board index PBase PaD Discussion image by association