PaD Discussion

One last Argument for a filtering system

discuss photo-a-day projects
jeannius

One last Argument for a filtering system

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:55 am

Here,

http://www.pbase.com/gallery?gallery_id=2019174

Read the comment from "sue". I mean c'mon people!!! This is ridiculous!

vid64

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:05 am

Look in your account settings... at the bottom "who can comment..."

jeannius

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:15 am

Thanks, DM, I didn't see it was in place already. Unfortunately I will now have to cut out my family and friends from posting comments to avoid abuse of my friends who pose for me.....What a drag!

vid64

password for guest comments?

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:44 am

Yeah, that's a pain. I think Slug's working on a password protected gallery feature. It wouldn't be a huge leap from there to have a password protected comments system... guests can post but only with the password. You just email your non-pbase friends the password. The 'Sues' of this world can then go and rot in their isolated cyber hell.

kstuebin

Unwanted comments

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:54 am

Why don't you just delete it?

darter02

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:13 pm

Before my coworkers really began browsing my galleries, I had a number of erotic photos I have shot over time of my fiancée’. We enjoyed doing the work and of course it really drove up the number of hits I received per day. Of course, I had a lot of weirdoes comment on them. Some of the comments were very crass and rude. I would just delete them and move on, no biggie. It is an unpleasant fact than when you are “out there” on the net you are going to attract undesirable types. I’m sorry you had that comment placed on your photo gallery but I think it would be a shame to prohibit your friends and family from commenting just to prevent the occasional nut. I mean, you’ve done some really nice work there and I really wouldn’t let the comments of one immature person ruin the fun for you. I see a lot of erotica as I have an interest in the art form and not just from a red-blooded male stand point so I think I can say that there are some very fine pieces in your collection.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

jillburhans

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:23 pm

Deletion is the key. I would delete that comment because I would not want the models to see it either.

A shame that ones cannot keep such cruelty to themselves.

ziggers

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:45 pm

Oh Jeanne, that's awful!!

One rude and nasty person, dammit! Your March Madness gallery is awesome, we ALL loved it! You and the models all did great!

Hugs for you and the girls!

dazedgonebye

March madness is number 1

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:27 pm

Tell that to Sue! (Souless brain-dead #@$%#Q that she is.)

jeannius

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:11 pm

Thanks, guys. I did delete it now, and have changed the settings for now. I just don't want my friends seeing comments like that. If we can have the comment feature on a gallery basis, then I would be able to say "No Comments from non-PBASE subscribers" on that type of work, and leave the other galleries open for comments!

For now, I gotta protect my girls form being hurt!

Appreciate your support! And have deleted that comment

lj0913

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:21 pm

I got in too late, and didn't read the comment. I am glad you deleted it! People can be so rude! Remember you have more people LOVING, and ENJOYING your work than you do with the morons leaving rude message. KEEP IT UP!!

clickaway

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:29 pm

Jeanne
You know you have my support 100%.
Its a very sad fact of life that if such photos atrtract so many hits, you are bound to get the odd saddo, but that doesn't make it any less distressing for you, your family and friends.
You did the right thing and I hope slug fine tunes the account settings as you suggest as soon as he has a chance.
R

thejerk

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:49 pm

Jeanne, I am so sorry that some moron posted disparaging comments on your March Madness gallery :cry: , I didn't see them but I have a great imagination. Personally I think the images are great and your girls seem to be having a good time posing for you. My MO for undesired comments is to delete them as soon as I see them because I will not allow internet trolls or morons to control the way I photograph or what photos I post or who I allow to post comments. Just my two cents. Bill :D

mysticchyna

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:02 pm

That really sucks. I am too late to read the comment, you deleted it...but I dont' really need to....as I am familiar with the "sue" type....I've had to delete several comments myself.

rash

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:53 am

Had to delete about ten of them myself. Some really disparaging one on each of the galleries. I'm glad my family didn't read them, or at least they haven't told me. I delete them and if the author had the stones to leave an email, I write them back and ask what website they paid for so I can comment on their hobby/passion/life. So far no takers. I have noticed that most of the folks who subscribe to this forum, are respectful of others work and don't slander it even if they don't agree with it.

Please repost them. It is your work. I enjoy it. Delete those who don't, or rather who aren't capable of leaving constructive comments.

Rob

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion One last Argument for a filtering system