Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Theme?

PaD Discussion

Weekly Theme?

discuss photo-a-day projects
simonkirk

Weekly Theme?

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:09 pm

Well we have done it before, the black and white was a big success and some awesome images were taken!

So how about another, ideas? list them here and the most popular get to be the theme.

Simon

http://www.pbase.com/simonkirk

lj0913

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:49 pm

Simon - thanks for bringing this up again, I had a blast with Jill's suggestion on b&w week. How about shawdows?

clickaway

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:22 pm

Before this thread gets too far advanced, I have suggested that we do a April Fools Day theme for April 1.

I've already mentioned this under a recent photo and has some degree of support. The photo can illustrate various aspects of the day, for example
misleading thumbnail
misleading view of everyday object
Photoshop trickery
Photo of somebody being fooled
Photo of somebody realising they've been 'had'
etc. etc. etc.

Ray

lj0913

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:44 pm

Ray - you're tricky, I like it! I think we should do a April fools day theme...

jypsee

no, no, no!

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:02 pm

I like the spontaneity of the way the PAD's are going. People pick up on the idea and produce a picture of their own without needing to declare a formal "theme." Sorry to be a wet blanket...
jypsee in FL

areid

Re: no, no, no!

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:11 pm

jypsee wrote:I like the spontaneity of the way the PAD's are going. People pick up on the idea and produce a picture of their own without needing to declare a formal "theme." Sorry to be a wet blanket...
jypsee in FL

I'm sort of with Jypsee on this one. A whole week seems sort of excessive. My main reason being I often have a hard enough time coming up with ANY photo much less than one with a theme! :)

Then again, it's not as if everyone has to go along with the theme. I was out of town and didn't even know about the b&w theme until I returned.

allen

vid64

keep it underground

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:13 pm

underground themes work best... someone talks to someone else who talks to someone else... eg, flowers for Jeanne, apples for Ian. They were so much fun!

D

clickaway

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:23 pm

I don't think anyone should feel pressured by these themes. I'm very aware that they can be restrictive and see why some choose to steer clear of them.

Some are much easier than others. The black and white week was well received because of the scope it gave and several people went the whole week with good results.

A few people have said 'yes' to my April Fool idea but I don't think its that easy - it will need a little planning.

I did like Ian's own little themes. There's no reason why any of us cannot have these personal themes, they come as a surprise to others and that makes it much more fun for the rest of us.

Ray

jengle

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:33 am

I like the idea - but of a single picture for each person who's interested in participating. Then Post your link to the picture here in this forum. Of course if you want to post 7 pictures following a theme, that's your choice. For me, sometimes I run out of ideas; so a theme can both be helpful as well as an interesting challenge. Thumbs up from jengle.

dexmadden

theme

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:54 am

I can dig on the April Fool day, but we don't have the attention span for a whole week of theme

davballguy

april fools

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:50 am

boy that april fools theme will be tough. i've never been a mischevious guy...but this being the first April Fool's for the organized PaD, it should be pretty interesting!

i like the idea of the organized themes as well. i think it should be once every week or every two weeks, and the theme is announced in advanced. I am envisioning something like the "26 things" project where the theme is a word or phrase that people can interpret as they wish.

wes
A photo a day
Keeps hard workers at play.
http://www.pbase.com/davballguy/

darter02

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:17 pm

As far as themes go I’m more of a “if it happens to fit” kind of shooter. I am trying not to force my images or plan too much on what it is I am going to shoot each day. As I do my strolls about with my camera in hand and if I see something that may fit, then I guess I go along with the theme.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

dazedgonebye

Themes

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:31 pm

Themes are great. Participate or not, it's your choice. One of the benefits of PaD'ing is the spontaneity. On the other hand, intentionally restricting yourself to one subject or mode can force you to look for and at things you've missed before. Challenge can equal growth.

areid

Here's a potential idea

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:03 pm

http://www.pbase.com/ziggers/tyler

Tyler's (Angela's son) gallery gave me an idea for a potential theme day.

Maybe one day we let someone else take our PAD for us. Whether it is a son/daughter/friend/mom/dad or whatever. I'd limit it to kids, which I think is a good idea by itself, but not everyone has children or, like me, a child old enough to hold a camera.

Just a thought.

ziggers

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:14 pm

I think that's a cute idea!!! After I posted Tyler's gallery, my two year old son Connor snatched up the camera and started taking a few pictures with it. I think it'd be neat to showcase other talent in our own circles of friends and family :D

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Theme?