Board index PBase PaD Discussion Non PaD galleries in PaD gallery section

PaD Discussion

Non PaD galleries in PaD gallery section

discuss photo-a-day projects
areid

Non PaD galleries in PaD gallery section

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Anyone know how the non PaD galleries are slipping into the PaD meta gallery that Slug has set? I'm guessing it's some sort of glitch in the system but I'm just curious.

allen

digitald3

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:41 pm

You can make any gallery your PAD gallery.. I am sure there are some that want to get their galleries shown, Hopefully people will behave and only turn on the PAD Meta Gallery feature when they are really taking/posting a PAD...

polyvios

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:26 pm

Would be nice if there was some moderation. Right?

darter02

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 pm

Another thing that I have noticed is that if you have one image in two places, say one in your PAD gallery and also it's linked to say a landscape gallery, when you open it in the PAD thingy and navigate up, it can appear to be in either of those to the viewer. I used to always copy the PAD photo over to other galleries at the same time I edited it. Now I do it the day after to avoid confusion.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

areid

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:44 pm

digitald3 wrote:You can make any gallery your PAD gallery.. I am sure there are some that want to get their galleries shown, Hopefully people will behave and only turn on the PAD Meta Gallery feature when they are really taking/posting a PAD...

How do you make your gallery a PAD gallery, meaning how do you get it in the meta-gallery? Mine appeared in there without me doing anything.

I've just noticed there are some galleries, abeit many good ones, that aren't PADs. I guess it's not really that big a deal but I was just wondering how it happens.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:48 pm

when the /pad page was created, i took all the galleries in jeannius' page and set them as pad galleries.
after that though, you can choose your current pad gallery by clicking the link at the very bottom of the edit gallery page.

brother_mark

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:16 pm

I can understand why non-PADers want to link to the PAD META-gallery. It's really no big deal. If you see a great photo, you benefit. If you're not sure you want to bother with a so-so photo unless it's a PAD gallery then put your mouse over the person's name and you can see whether it's likely a PAD gallery.

kstuebin

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:24 pm

I just posted a question about this on another thread. I had no idea that when you copied from one gallery to another, in my case, my misc gallery that I upload to, that the photo would show the original gallery not the PAD gallery. I just deleted my PAD for today and uploaded it again directly into my PAD gallery.

I'll take the advice of whoever it was who said to wait a day before copying to another gallery.

areid

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:44 pm

brother_mark wrote:I can understand why non-PADers want to link to the PAD META-gallery. It's really no big deal. If you see a great photo, you benefit. If you're not sure you want to bother with a so-so photo unless it's a PAD gallery then put your mouse over the person's name and you can see whether it's likely a PAD gallery.

But then what is the use of having a PAD gallery if non-PAD galleries are getting into it? Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Non PaD galleries in PaD gallery section