Board index Other Travel The Medium and The Message?!!

Travel

The Medium and The Message?!!

haskinsj

The Medium and The Message?!!

Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:47 am

Not sure if i posted this in the right place, so i apolige.

On with it. i am an undergrad researching to write a paper on "photography and environmental responsibility", delving into topics such as visual psych/sociology, propaganda, visual aesthetics, manipulation through visuals, etc. As an avid photographer i plan to provide the reader with the link from the eye seeing the photograph to the emotions produced within the person, and then the action succeeded by that emotion. A >B > C. My main focus will lie around whom uses images and visual to produce empathetic response toward an ultimate notion of environmental responsibility.
Im thinking of the magazine "Adbusters" for instance. But is various to photographs contained in brochures, pamphlets, billboards, books, magazines, the internet (most notably), etc.

Does anyone out there have info, texts, journals, resources, anything in the realm of documentation that can help me provide this link. Online, offline, whatever. Once the paper is finished ill be glad to post it here, unless theres a more pertinent forum for this topic.

Thanks everybody.
Jordan
dreamteim@yahoo.com

Board index Other Travel The Medium and The Message?!!