Board index Other Travel New Zealand and Amsterdam

Travel

New Zealand and Amsterdam

collegedropout

New Zealand and Amsterdam

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:57 am

Here is the gallery from my trip to New Zealand 10/31/2003-11/8/2003. It was an amazing trip, and New Zealand is definitely worth a visit. This trip was my first trip outside the United States by myself. I flew from LAX to Auckland, New Zealand (best International Airport I have ever seen). I spent 2 days walking in and around Auckland downtown and Devonport(one of the harbour islands) taking pictures. Then I headed out to Rotorua for a majority of my stay. I spent most of my time walking around and taking pictures while enjoying the scenery and weather(even though it was a little cold). One of the main reasons I wanted to got to New Zealand and Rotorua in particular was to Zorb...I suggest doing a wet zorb it is like being in a washing machine/water ride/rollercoaster/barrel rolling down a hill, very fun time. While I was there I also did the Freefall Extreme(floating over a really really big fan). Those were some of the highlights...
http://www.pbase.com/collegedropout/odds

This is the gallery from Amsterdam 5/18/2004-5/29/2004. I had a great time while I was in Amsterdam. This was my 3rd time to be in Amsterdam 2nd time to enjoy all of Amsterdam. I didn't see any museums, however I did take one canal tour for an hour(I was tired of see the city from the streets). I spent 7 nights at the Bulldog Hotel(actually a hostel, but with a cozy hotel atmosphere, really nice place to stay) down the street from the Red Light District. I spent most of my time in Coffeeshops sampling the varietys and flavors. However I also spent a large amount of time walking around and seeing the sights(one of the best ways IMO to see the world, just walk around and stop when you see something interesting). I should have taken more pictures, but for some reason I was just to lazy to take pictures. Along that line I was not sober while taking most if not all of the pictures. Amsterdam surpasses its reputation and I think 10 days is a bit too much, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I think the best part was the people that you meet(not the drug dealers that pester you on the streets, but the tourists and visitors).
http://www.pbase.com/collegedropout/thetrip

If you have questions feel free to ask....

raynz

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 am

HI just to let you know Devonport is not one of the harbour islands of auckland City, you can get to devonport by going over the Harbour bridge or by ferry from downtown auckland sorry but who ever told you that it was an island is wrong and the residents of devonport would be very upset

Cheers RayNZ

Board index Other Travel New Zealand and Amsterdam