Board index Other Travel World Festival and Photograph Spots

Travel

World Festival and Photograph Spots

iperniter

World Festival and Photograph Spots

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 am

I come from Malaysia and would like to take this opportunity to introduce some local festival events/specific location/spots for pbase photographers.

Festival/Event
1. Thaipusam - An annual Hindu festival held in the month of February (will post exact date and more details later). The location (Batu Cave) is very near to Kuala Lumpur city center (20 minutes by taxi from Kuala Lumpur downtown). It is a must see event by Photographer. To add some points, the devotees or event committee are very friendly to Photographer. You can move around without much of obstruction (no special name tag is required). Free and easy :D .
I've some collection for the past 2 years http://www.pbase.com/iperniter/thaipusam

"Photogenic" Spots
1.Sipadan Island - A heaven for divers and beautiful scenery for photographer. I'm yet to go there as it is in my project list. It is located off Sabah state's small town - Tawau. More update is coming.

2. Redang Island or Perhentian Island - Good place for snorkeling and diving. It is located off the Trengganu state. 1 hour by domestic flight from KL International airport and 90 minutes of boat to the island. The link in my gallery is http://www.pbase.com/iperniter/beach

3. Cameron Highland - More updates is coming.

For pbaser, please add more information of your country's festival event/spots in this thread.I believe pbase forum is a community channel to gather specific information for all of us. Thank you.

iperniter

Re: World Festival and Photograph Spots

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:14 am

Some happening places around Kuala Lumpur.

1. Changkat Bukit Bintang - a refurbished old British colonial building turn into night spots such as Club, lounge, pub or bars. They are many tourist around this area and walking distance to Alor Road for local foods with round the clock business hour.

2. Heritage Row, Doraisamy Road - an old British colonial building close to Sheraton hotel. Many of the patrons are from local and middle-east.

3. Jalan P. Ramlee - close to KLCC Twin Towers and one of the hottest night spots.

Board index Other Travel World Festival and Photograph Spots