Board index Other Travel African Tour

Travel

African Tour

christophertravels

African Tour

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:41 pm

So what do you people think of tours? This was my first long tour. I enjoyed being with people most of the time, but I did notice that because we were constantly moving, we don't always get time to sit and carefully set up and compose photos. When I travel on my own, I spend a lot of time walking around, exploring on my own and thinking about composition. Many photos didn't work because I felt rushed - these were poorly composed, exposed or focused. I have just returned from 7 weeks in Africa, 6 weeks of this was an overland truck tour from Cape Town to Nairobi. I met some great people and saw some terrific sights. So here is the result of my 7 weeks in Africa, Seven African galleries

I am happy with many of my photos, but I don't have enough photos from Malawi; the colours are really weak in the Tanzania gallery, but that's what it was like there: dry and dusty; and not enough animals from South Africa. I took 2300 jpg photos with two cameras, my P&S Canon 540 and my new Canon 450 XSi.

But the highlight were the animals. Zanzibar is beautiful. Namibia is from another world. Victoria Falls is like a dream. We visited a school and a hospital in Malawi. Slept in a tent almost every night, and bounced around on rough roads almost every day for 6 weeks. I've printed about 200 photos, and I think I'll make a Blurb book along with the story of the trip, and give it to my friends and family.

Just some of the photos that did work:
ImageImage
ImageImage

rdsb

Re: African Tour

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

I've made five tours to Africa so far. The first one was with a big group in a bus. After that I went with two friends. We hired a car, Landcruiser, and drove through Namibia and Botswana. In Tanzania, Kenia, Uganda and Ethiopia we also hired a driver/guide. I can recommend this to evrybody. You can stop when you want and take alle the time you want for your photos.

Rutger

christophertravels

Re: African Tour

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:41 am

I've made a few edits and additions to my Africa galleries:
Six African Galleries
ImageImage

And to get to Africa, I made a connecting flight in Amsterdam. I decided to stay a while and take some photos:
Amsterdam
ImageImage

Thank-you for stopping by previously. Perhaps you'll have another look?

Board index Other Travel African Tour