Board index Other Travel Travelbag

Travel

Travelbag

norbibau

Travelbag

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 pm

Hello,
does anybody know if there is "small" photobag to carry only
one nikon D200 with 70-200 af-s vr plus 2,8 17-55mm?
Does this equipment fit with the "cumpler pretty boy xxxl" or is there
some equivalent.

Regards from norbi

jackdale

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:21 am

This seems to have been ignored. Have you looked at the Lowepro slingshots. I use one when I am not carrying a lot of equipment. Very nice.

Jack

exposed

travel bag

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:19 pm

I use a non-photographer bag made by Antler. It's fawn coloured, water repellant, non-dusting, with zips inside and out and a shoulder strap. Weight is important to me. It's as light as a feather and folds flat when stowed.
It takes a body with mounted lens, a flash, filters, Cards, etc, and is no more than 7" x 11" x whatever. At a pinch I can carry one extra lens, or sandwiches. I stuff my hat under the camera to protect against knocks.

What is really great about this bag is that nobody knows the contents. So less likely to get mugged, and more likely to steal that candid shot.

At 20 GBP it was a real bargain.

photomary

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:27 am

lighthawk

Re: Travelbag

Post Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 pm

I really like the Tamrac Velocity series. I have used a Velocity 7 walking around Rome, on safari in Uganda, skiing in the Sierra, etc. It can ride on one shoulder, very casual or across the chest (very secure for sporty things). There's a waist strap which I click together if I don't need it, but other times it is very essential.

There is room inside for Canon 20D with up to 300m lens plus a second lens. There's a zip pocket in the lid for batteries & cards and a larger zip pocket that could fit a flash on the exterior. In a pinch I can stuff a light jacket under the lid. Also I bought the Tamrac accessory for water bottle which I mount on the side of the pack, but that's optional. (Just don't like the thought of a water bottle inside with my camera!)

I modified two things on this pack. Sewed a patch over the Tamrac logo to disguise the bag, and cut off two side fastex buckles which are unnecessary. This leaves one central buckle to undo for very quick shots: swing the bag around to your front, unclick one buckle and shoot at will. Putting the camera away is just as fast. I'm able to ski with friends, get their photos and keep up because the of ease of use with this bag.

my 2 cents,

Andy
http://www.pbase.com/lighthawk

Board index Other Travel Travelbag