Board index Other Travel Travel to Europe - Spain

Travel

Travel to Europe - Spain

ileneyang

Travel to Europe - Spain

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:03 am

I have never been to Europe, of course never to Spain. But I want to make a trip to Spain and I really don't know what to prepare for my trip. I only find some websites describing Spain such as costa del sol spain, mallorca spain and cordoba spain. I hope I can receive some constructive suggestion for my trip. Anyone has been to Spain?

jchambers

Re: Travel to Europe - Spain

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:33 pm

ileneyang wrote:I have never been to Europe, of course never to Spain. But I want to make a trip to Spain and I really don't know what to prepare for my trip. I only find some websites describing Spain such as costa del sol spain, mallorca spain and cordoba spain. I hope I can receive some constructive suggestion for my trip. Anyone has been to Spain?

I'd be happy to give advice and suggestions, but first I would need to know a bit about your reasons for Spain and what sort of holiday and destination suits you.

Spain is a magnificient country and offers some of the best the world can offer in such a wide variety, you can certainly have a great time there. But what sort of holiday do you want?

A city break? Visiting the great urban delights of Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia, Possibly the three most cutting edge cities in the world as far as modern architecture goes, yet with so much astonishing history as well.

A country escape? Touring the green valleys of the North, the mountains and the deserts, and the stunning coastlines?

Are you after a seaside holiday? Spain is famous for it's coastal resorts, Many are mass tourist destinations, but there are still plenty of hidden gems.

Let us know, and it will give some direction for ideas and suggestions.
In order to save bandwidth, I no longer have a signiture.

ileneyang

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:52 am

First thank you very much, jchambers.
I only have a private holiday and I want to go to any city or some scenery famous of Spain. And after someone introduces Spain, I will make a final decision.Thank again.

jchambers

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:57 am

Ok, as for cities, my recommendations for your first visit would be either Barcelona or Madrid (with possibly Valencia as a third choice)

• Barcelona is one of the most stunning cities in the world. Located on the Mediterranean and with the hills at it's backdrop, it commands a beautiful location. The center of the city is the famous Gothic Quarter, which is a large rabbit warren of tiny, narrow (mostly) traffic free alley’s and ancient buildings. It is very easy to get lost here which is part of the fun. Many of the buildings date back several hundred years and is in complete contrast to the bordering “newerâ€
In order to save bandwidth, I no longer have a signiture.

monkeypainter

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:21 am

Hi there... as a spaniard maybe I can recommend you some places...

I agree mostly with jchambers tips...

But other must-go's besides Madrid and Barcelona are:

Cordoba and Granada, in Spains south (Andalucia) have stunning moorish architecture, but can be very hot in summer. Granada's moorish palace 'Alhambra' has been nominated for the 'new 7 wonders of the world' award.

In Andalucia there's also Seville, a magnificent city. Some shots of 'Star Wars-episode I' were done there!

Even Darth Vader and princess Amidala like to stroll Seville's classic places!

Around Madrid are some Imperial towns, Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial,Avila, worth a day-trip.

You can see some photos in my spanish, gallery, if you like...

http://www.pbase.com/monkeypainter/spain

grabus

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 pm

That pics are awesome!! :!: :!:

Board index Other Travel Travel to Europe - Spain