Board index Other Travel Is that aforementioned Nav4All really cool

Travel

Is that aforementioned Nav4All really cool

secondpush

Is that aforementioned Nav4All really cool

Post Wed May 24, 2006 2:34 pm

I've heard a lot of folks talking about this thing lately, this Nav4All, it's said to be a cell phone navigation software which you can download freely and install on your cell, and then you only need a GPS tracker, provided that your cell has bluetooth connection, this software can help you pinpoint your location, and also guide you to any desired address, well, that sounds pretty cool, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have actually tried it, is it really that awesome? I mean, if what they said is true, then this thing can be a terminator of TomTom, right?

nevernav

Post Sat May 27, 2006 10:41 am

I put Nav4All on my phone and it is now ruined! Eveybody I know who used it had their phones killed! You f***g c*nt, are you WITH those guys?! We're putting together a class action suit that's going to BREAK your company and make us all rich!

anophelus

Re: Is that aforementioned Nav4All really cool

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:04 pm

secondpush wrote:I've heard a lot of folks talking about this thing lately, this Nav4All, it's said to be a cell phone navigation software which you can download freely and install on your cell, and then you only need a GPS tracker, provided that your cell has bluetooth connection, this software can help you pinpoint your location, and also guide you to any desired address, well, that sounds pretty cool, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have actually tried it, is it really that awesome? I mean, if what they said is true, then this thing can be a terminator of TomTom, right?
It is installed right now on my phone Sony Ericsson k750i (actually was already installed for 2 weeks) and is working better than expected. Yesterday I received also my bluetooth GPS receiver and today I was playing with it.

- pretty self explanatory and easy to navigate menus
- lots of features for a java application, including maps, easy to do pin-points, calculating routes between different points, voice guidance (54 languages!), posibility to choose the way you travel (walk, bicycle, car, etc), points of interest in area and more. There is also a Tracking & Tracing menu, but not working in this version.

Of course, being a java application you cannot store maps in phone memory, so the maps are downloaded via GPRS from internet, although the data trafic is insignificant (around or less than 50 KB for one hour of use). The good point of being java application is that can be installed on almost any phone that is java enabled, not like TomTom Mobile that needs a symbian operated phone.

Well, is my first navigation software and I am very satisfied with it. Hope this helpped you a litle.

Board index Other Travel Is that aforementioned Nav4All really cool