Board index Other Travel Do you have photos of Street Musicians?

Travel

Do you have photos of Street Musicians?

prinzesa

Do you have photos of Street Musicians?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:14 am

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum to tell you about an exciting, new project featuring Street Musicians (or "buskars" if you prefer).

Street musicians can be found everywhere: on the streets, at subways, in pubs and restaurants, busking away and trying to make some money to support themselves and their music. People often pass them by without acknowledging their music, sometimes they are treated as beggars, and sometimes the police hustles them. But some of the street musicians are true artists, and colorful individuals. Sonny Rollins (a great American jazz artist) busked on Brooklyn Bridge for a year.

I am working on a non-profit project designed to raise awareness about the art of the street musicians and about their harsh, but interesting life. I am collecting photographs of street musicians from around the world and I am going to put together an audio-visual piece. Upon completion, I intend to show it at non-profit events in California, in Bulgaria, in Italy, and perhaps in England.

To make this project truly global I’d like to invite photographers from around the world to participate in it by contributing their images for the worthy cause. Every contributing artist will be of course, credited, and his or her contact information will be provided. It is a great way to gain exposure, to add a new event to your resume, and to do something good for the fellow artists.

I am looking for a hi-resolution, digital images, with interesting subjects, colors, composition, and camera angles. If your images are selected and included in the project, I will notify you and keep you posted.

To send photos and information about your art, please contact Christina
at prinzesa10@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Board index Other Travel Do you have photos of Street Musicians?