Board index Other Travel Another trip to see festival in India

Travel

Another trip to see festival in India

haleon

Another trip to see festival in India

Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:08 pm

My indian friend supplier agreed to bring us to his village some 12 hours drive away from the city. It will be a good chance for us to experience the once a year ancient festival that is taking place during our stay there (up to 3 days of non-stop celebrations!)

verything is taken from their backyard and nothing much goes to waste. I have likened the fact that the use of free coconut tree leaves does offer more cool than a concrete house (we have in Singapore) can provide.

Without the distraction of TVs and computers, most of families there can be seen lazing around on a big bed structure outside their homes, exchanging their experience for the day.. Chatting among themselves late into the night under the stars.. that makes me wonder where modern Singapore will be heading towards, as far as promoting family values is concerned.

These are photos of the festival that last thru out the night.. or 3 days they have claimed.. wow.. those elderly man are supposed to be dancing for 3 full days (?!).. it's extremely colorful, vabrant, noisy, extraordinary to see these long formation of dancers and musician and carts to go around the whole village and giving blisings along its way..

The China Travel and Photography Forum
http://www.mychinatrips.com/forums/

Board index Other Travel Another trip to see festival in India