Board index Other Travel Hidden Charm of Bac Ha Market !

Travel

Hidden Charm of Bac Ha Market !

hanoiroxy1996

Hidden Charm of Bac Ha Market !

Post Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:23 pm

Bac Ha has one of the most interesting ethnic markets in Vietnam and possibly everywhere in South East Asia: " Sunday is market day in Bac Ha, which is the occasion for the various local ethnies to gather in huge crowds to exchange the last news, gossip, shop, and eat a copious lunch. It was visibly a festive event. I was surrounded in a sea of color, and had the feeling to be on a movie set. Everyone seemed excited. A few men rode small horses. Those fortunate enough to be able to pay 10000 dongs (75 cents) arrived at the back of a motorcycle, sharing the ride with two other passengers. Most came on foot, from villages as far as 20 kilometers away. Even the old hunched lady was not going to miss the weekly party. Although there were several ethnies at the market, the Flower Hmong women stood apart with their vibrant dress. They wear a number of skirts and underskirts all made with very colorful fabric and some batiks. Their tops are embroided, often with flower motifs, and their heads are covered with elaborately shaped and balanced scarfs. In the rapid global uniformization of today's world, it was refreshing to see this untouched beauty in humanity..."

Resoursed by terragalleria.com

Welcome to Bac Ha Market

Lovely ladies

Buffalo Corner

Liqor Cornber

Anyone want a pig ?

How about a dog ?

Food for thought

Hand-made skirt with multi color decoration

A corner for man- drinkinguntil you drop !

A smile of buffalo seller

A lovely smile of a girl

hanoiroxy1996

The love of mother !

Post Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:36 pm

" My son, Let sleep my baby, you are my sun, you are on my back you are under my cover..." that is a sentences of a old folk song. Most of the babies here, they grow up on the back of the mother, here the woman work as hard as man, beside they have to take care the baby at the same time.
I always repect the woman...they all love their children...and all childrems are lovely...everywhere in the world

My Sun

While you are sleeping

Drink up

Curious

The shadow

Nice boy

mr_bo

Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Wonderful!!! :D
Where is situated Bac Ha in Vietnam?

hanoiroxy1996

For your reference

Post Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Plaese take a look here for more details

http://www.trekearth.com/search.php?phrase=bac+ha&type=

Board index Other Travel Hidden Charm of Bac Ha Market !