Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FOR SALE: Canon ELPH S230 and Ricoh Caplio GX

Digital Cameras

FOR SALE: Canon ELPH S230 and Ricoh Caplio GX

runegitane

FOR SALE: Canon ELPH S230 and Ricoh Caplio GX

Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:30 pm

I've decided to reduce my gear to absolute essentials and I'm selling my compact digitals. Both of these are in great shape.

The Canon ELPH S230 is 3.2 megapixels, extremely compact and I'm throwing in the Canon elph soft leather case and a 256meg compact flash card. All manuals, software, included, original box. $270.00 or reasonable offer.

The Ricoh Caplio GX is a remarkable digicam. 5.1 megapixels, pocketable, 28mm-85mm lens, fixed focus snap mode like a Ricoh GR1, manual exposure and aperature priority modes in addition to auto features. All adjustments can be made with one hand, and all settings are retained for subsequent power up. Time to turn on and be ready to shoot is 1 sec, and shutter lag (including AF) is .12 secs. The fastest compact digicam made, this thing is the best digital street camera available. Other capabilities include macro focussing to 1cm, and an audio only mode (wav format). This camera is in a class by itself and not available in North America. I bought it grey market at a premium price. I'm selling it with the addition of 2 lithium batteries, charger, and a fast SimpleTech ProX 256meg SD card, plus an HA-1 filter adapter with lens hood and a UV filter. It is in excellent condition and firmware has been upgraded to current ver. 1.5. Original box, software and all manuals and cables included. I've had this since May 2004 when they first became available.
$450.00 or reasonable offer.

Images of either of these cameras can be seen at:
http://www.pbase.com/runegitane/cameras under their respective folders.

dgranro1@msn.com

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FOR SALE: Canon ELPH S230 and Ricoh Caplio GX