Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Troubleshooting Canon 20D

Digital Cameras

Troubleshooting Canon 20D

hoku

Troubleshooting Canon 20D

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:48 pm

I used my new Canon 20D on a wedding shoot yesterday. In the middle of my shoot I turned it on to use it and the camera was not responding to the shutter button (I was in AF mode). I turned it off then on to "reboot" it and the camera would not turn off! To my dismay I had to open the battery door in order for it to turn off.

It aslo didn't recognize that I had a CF card in it when it was on.

Anyone run into problems like this????

:x

nama_rupa

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:09 pm

damn. I love hearing bad things about a product the day you preorder one.

So yeah cant help yeah, but curious to hear what other pros and cons you have about the camera thus far?

gschmickle

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:33 pm

You are not alone! This has been a somewhat common complaint in the dpreview Canon forum ( see http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=10313358 ). It seems like they have a quality control issue on what otherwise looks like a fine camera. The workaround to get things running again is doing exactly what you've done....pulling out the battery and putting it back in. Not sure if Canon has come up with a better long-term solution. Unfortunately, it may have to be sent in for service.

-Guy

pipou

choose lens

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:07 pm

hello today i get my 20D i want buy one lens from this 3 lens SIGMA 18-50 or CANON 17-85 IS or SIGMA 18-125 thanks for your help

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Troubleshooting Canon 20D