Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Need help trouble shooting Sony DSC-S85

Digital Cameras

Need help trouble shooting Sony DSC-S85

mysticdazed

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi,
I am brand new to posting messages and not so good with the camera but here goes. I have a Sony DSC-S85 that has a green blinking light near the power on lever. Anyone know what this means? Also, it will turn on by itself and shut off immediately after turning it on...Sony suggests a $$ service call hoping someone may be able to help here.........any suggestions?
Thanks for any help

weisteen

Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:40 pm

I have a s-85 in hand, there is a green light near the power lever,it should lit up when you power-up the camera and it should shut down when the camera shuts down. I have had this camera for over two years but never notice it blinking. Also it shouldn't turn itself on or shut off by itself. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's some kind of failure.

I don't suppose that there is still guarantee left for the camera?
Usually it's not cheap to get Sony's stuff fixed. Just hope you don't spend too much on it even it's such a nice camera.

Wei

merpix

S85 blinking power light

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:12 pm

A blicking power light indicates that the battery is not installed properly or has gone bad. Try removing the battery, cleaning the contacts and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, see if you can get another battery for a test.

Good luck.

mysticdazed

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:29 pm

Hi, Thanks so much for the response. I did replace the battery and per Sony reset it manually and with the reset button all of which has so resolved the problem. I am going to take the battery back on the chance that I got a lemon and Sony wants 160.00 right of the bat to repair...sounds like a lot to me what do ya'll think...I hate loosing the 600.00 we initially put into it by discarding it....

Thanks,

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Need help trouble shooting Sony DSC-S85