Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Perhaps unidentified firmware error in canon g3 lens extensi

Digital Cameras

Perhaps unidentified firmware error in canon g3 lens extensi

comport

Perhaps unidentified firmware error in canon g3 lens extensi

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:00 am

Hello , i have a canon g3 with newst firmware, and yesterday i have put my g3 back to the bag and looked tv. I wonder that a queer sounding noise was in the room, but i can't fix a direction where it comes from.
later this day a wanted to go to bed and pushed off the TV.
Now the noise was still there and it comes from the canon camera bag.

What has happend -
The camera trys every 10 sec. to extend the lens an pressed the lens cap a little bit into the bag. The camera detects that there is something wrong and moves the lens back. But now the cam extends the lens again and so on.
In the instruction manual is described there must be a error message "Lens" and the camera should shut down.
I have tried to investigate this problem and the Error message pop's up only when i press the lens cap with my hand onto the lens.
Then the camera shut's down as i expected. But when the Lens can extend a litte bit, and the blockade is there the camera trys to extend and extend until the accumulator is empty. My cam tries this for over 1 h.
Can anybody verify this behaviour ?

ukexpat

Re: Perhaps unidentified firmware error in canon g3 lens ext

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Not heard of this before. Try "rebooting" the camera -- take out the battery (and back-up battery if it has one) leave for a couple of minutes then reinsert the batteries.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Perhaps unidentified firmware error in canon g3 lens extensi