Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Review released

Digital Cameras

Review released

atindra

Review released

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:42 pm

A review on Konica Minolta Z2 has been released today on dpreviews.com
However I wasnt happy that reviewer didnt took note of Kodak's equivalent model DX 6490 for even comparison. Anyway Z2 looks great camera for the price on what it is being sold.

castledude

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:43 pm

I guess he must be catching up (or they had a really slow release in the UK).. Steve's had a review on it about 5 months ago.

Steve also has a preliminary review on the Z3...

That is strange since usually dpreview beats Steve's site to posting a review. But Minolta has shown themself to be stingy with review cameras recently (the A2 was in the store for a long time before the reviews were coming out).

However I wasnt happy that reviewer didnt took note of Kodak's equivalent model DX 6490 for even comparison

It's not that suprising on DPREVIEW since they have that side by side comparison view. Also the 6490 is being closed out right now for the 7590.. If you dont' mind the lack of manual focus the 6490 is a great buy right now. I really like mine.

atindra

Strange

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:26 am

Thats what my meaning. even Z2 Minolta doesnt have manual focus, why shouldnt they compare with exactly similar 6490?

castledude

Re: Strange

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:54 pm

atindra wrote:Thats what my meaning. even Z2 Minolta doesnt have manual focus, why shouldnt they compare with exactly similar 6490?

Actually the Z2 does have manual focus. You need to go into a menu but it does do it. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/z2_pg3.html.

I always felt that the Minolta people actually read all the "problems" that people had with the 6490 before releasing the Z2.

They gave it a faster/better video mode.
Manual Focus.
Hotshoe (sort of it is the strange Minolta thing).
Programmable compression on the JPEG.
Fast power up and low shutter lag.

They missed by putting a smaller display, cheaper feeling body and not as good optics.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Review released