Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Multiple exposures with digital camera.

Digital Cameras

Multiple exposures with digital camera.

brianfarn

Multiple exposures with digital camera.

Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:03 pm

If I have a filmed camera, and I want to do multiple exposures on the same frame of film, all I have to do is to NOT advance the film. How can I do multiple exposure with a digital camera.

Is it true that some digital cameras only have internal memory, but not removable memory? What kind of removable memory is preferred? SD, memory stick?

What are the three most important things to look for, when buying a affordable digital camera?

Are the specifications of zoom and wide angel lens, for digital cameras, different than lens for filmed cameras? Why?

matiasasun

Re: Multiple exposures with digital camera.

Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:18 pm

So many questions but also so many different answers... I´ll try to express my point of view.

brianfarn wrote:If I have a filmed camera, and I want to do multiple exposures on the same frame of film, all I have to do is to NOT advance the film. How can I do multiple exposure with a digital camera.

The best would be to use a software. Some are simplier, but the best results will probably be achieved with the most complete ones.

brianfarn wrote:Is it true that some digital cameras only have internal memory, but not removable memory?

brianfarn wrote:What kind of removable memory is preferred? SD, memory stick?

1.- Maybe some but a lot have removable memory.
2.- Depends on the camera. In general size and speed are important.

brianfarn wrote:What are the three most important things to look for, when buying a affordable digital camera?

1.- Your interests (I mean; what can you handle and what are your motivations)
2.- The camera quality & resolution first, and the features it has later... Some of the features might be duplicated with softwares & stuff but the most important thing is to get good photo quality I think.
3.- Read the reviews and opinions from forums like this one, but specially from the dedicated ones like Dpreview.com (digital preview). You might also want to check at the original test pictures to see how does the camera perform.

brianfarn wrote:Are the specifications of zoom and wide angel lens, for digital cameras, different than lens for filmed cameras? Why?

As all you ask it depends... Digital preview shows you almost all that information at their reviews as a lot of others sites around internet.

Hope this helps you
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Multiple exposures with digital camera.