Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Can I use my own lens for my new D70

Digital Cameras

Can I use my own lens for my new D70

kh90620

Can I use my own lens for my new D70

Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:24 am

which lens can i use for the D70 body? I put my F3 lens on my new D70 does not work ? please tell me which lens capable for the Nikon D70

Thank you in advance

snappingturtle

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:19 am

Hi,

I can only speak for Canon, but as long as it is a Nikon autofocus lens or an aftermarket brand lens designed for Nikon autofocus cameras, it should work. Is it a manual focus lens you are trying to attach? If so, it won't work.

Hugh

lord_of_the_badgers

Re: Can I use my own lens for my new D70

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:17 pm

kh90620 wrote:which lens can i use for the D70 body? I put my F3 lens on my new D70 does not work ? please tell me which lens capable for the Nikon D70

Thank you in advance

as long as it's Nikon mount, i doubt you'll have problems. Maybe if it's a 20year old lens, then you might have problems, not that i'm an expert.

how about trying the lens on a camera in the shop? they'll let you if they want to sell the camera! :)

just because the camera is digital, does not mean it requires specific lenses, other than the DX lenses (12-24 / 17-55 / 10.5 ) which are designed specifically for digital (though they can be used on film bodies at a pinch).

ukexpat

Re: Can I use my own lens for my new D70

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:19 pm

lord_of_the_badgers wrote:
kh90620 wrote:which lens can i use for the D70 body? I put my F3 lens on my new D70 does not work ? please tell me which lens capable for the Nikon D70

Thank you in advance

as long as it's Nikon mount, i doubt you'll have problems. Maybe if it's a 20year old lens, then you might have problems, not that i'm an expert.

how about trying the lens on a camera in the shop? they'll let you if they want to sell the camera! :)

just because the camera is digital, does not mean it requires specific lenses, other than the DX lenses (12-24 / 17-55 / 10.5 ) which are designed specifically for digital (though they can be used on film bodies at a pinch).

Even if an older lens does fit you may lose some or all automatic functions depending on the lens....

turnert

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:41 pm

Or course the lens you use on your F3 will work. If its a manual focus lens, then you lose metering. But that should not prevent you from using the lens. All you have to do is guess exposure, shoot, check the histogram, and then make your exposure adjustment. With just a little practice, you will likely spend less time adjusting exposure on a D70 with an older manual focus lens than you did with film (if you were in the habit of bracketing your shots). At least with digital, you will know when the exposure is dead on. Yes, an AF lens will make life easier with the D70 and over the long term you will likely abandon film and sell off your manual AIS lenses. But if you have nice MF glass, then by all means use it in the meantime!

bassrock

D70 lenses

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:33 pm

If it has an aperature ring on the lens, you have to set it to the smallest aperature setting when attaching to the D70, otherwise a lot of the auto functions won't work. Don't know why but give it a try. Bill.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Can I use my own lens for my new D70