Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Cleaning CCD

Digital Cameras

Cleaning CCD

barrydaly

Cleaning CCD

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:09 am

Have read the tutorial by Nicolas R and I'm getting the gear together to try it myself. Pec Pads are available 4x4 Inch is it OK to cut them?

gschmickle

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:16 am

According to his tutorial, no. Cutting the Pec Pad can introduce lint. Besides he gives a good illustration on how to wrap them given the full size pad (at least around his SensorSwab). Its pretty simple and works very effectively. As luck would have it, I just finished cleaning my CCD using his materials and directions. Just a swab in each direction and it was spotless. Just be careful not to touch the area of the Pec Pad which will come in contact with the CCD. Good luck!
-Guy

rct4905

Pec Pad?

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:15 am

I'm new to DSLR's Have the D70 for 3 weeks now.
So wondering what the Pec Pad is should I ever attempt to clean my CCD.
Where did you see the detailed instructions?

gschmickle wrote:According to his tutorial, no. Cutting the Pec Pad can introduce lint. Besides he gives a good illustration on how to wrap them given the full size pad (at least around his SensorSwab). Its pretty simple and works very effectively. As luck would have it, I just finished cleaning my CCD using his materials and directions. Just a swab in each direction and it was spotless. Just be careful not to touch the area of the Pec Pad which will come in contact with the CCD. Good luck!
-Guy

gschmickle

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:37 pm

Unless you always keep one lens on your DSLR, cleaning your sensor will become necessary eventually. If you don't want to hassle with making your own sensor swabs as described in the link above, you can buy them premade.....for a pretty hefty price (around $4 a swab). Photographic Solutions make the most commonly used sensor swabs. See:

http://www.photographicsolutions.com/swabproduct.htm

They are sold at many photo stores.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Cleaning CCD