Board index Equipment Digital Cameras which 10x camera is the best one?

Digital Cameras

which 10x camera is the best one?

bisquit

which 10x camera is the best one?

Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:53 pm

Please Help me Which one is the best one and why,pls list them choronologicaly by giving reasons.

First of all ı want to buy Canon PowerShot 1S IS,and ı read some bad reviewson it.they said its autofocus in lowlight is not good,and image quality is troubling.And CF card gives sometimes error.

And actually ı want to get concert pictures,so ı want 10x zoom

And there two camera advised to me..Panasonic DMC-FZ10,Olypmus Camedia 765....
pls help me,if ı dont want to buy these 3 camera,I'll buy Canon G5,is it a correct choice?
Which camera do you advise me.

atindra

DX 6490 is good

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:01 pm

I have Kodak DX 6490 and it is definitely better than Fuji's equivalent model, I didnt see the images taken in Minolta Z2 and Panasonic's similar model.

bobtrips

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:19 pm

First piece of advice. Pay a lot more attention to reviews than individual opinions. Very few people who recommend the camera that they own have actually used any of the other similar cameras.

Second. Think about increasing the 10x a bit. There is a range of long-zoom fixed-lens digitals from the Minolta A2 (7x) to the Panasonic FZ10/20 (12x). I mention those two because they are image stabilized and that feature will help a lot when shooting in low ambient light conditions.

(I've got the Minolta A1 and it seems to do well in low light conditions. The viewfinder switches from color to B&W which makes it easier to compose in dim conditions. But that's not a recommendation. I haven't used any of the other long-lens digitals. ;o)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras which 10x camera is the best one?