Board index Equipment Digital Cameras how do you use exif files in photoshop

Digital Cameras

how do you use exif files in photoshop

artist

how do you use exif files in photoshop

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:10 am

My cousin Andrew has just gone over to digital (Olympus E-1)l ( and wanted to know how he can extract the RAW exif data in photoshop any help much appreciated .
Alan

This what he sent me: Can you tell me a way of 'getting to' the Meta Data that my camera generates (we talked about Meta Data the other day) so that I can use it in my records - it would be useful to be able to lift the picture filenames, date and (for instance) ISO speed so that I could use them in my records - if for no other reason it would reduce the possibility of error in typing out long (seven-digit) file names which the camera allots to the pics. Ideally I would want to send them to a MS Access file, but text would be fine...

castledude

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:49 pm

Try this utility http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

One of it's features is that it can create a CSV file with whatever fields you want from files.

theartist

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:58 am

Thanks for the link.
I have downloaded the program and sent it on to Andrew.
He is away in Bulgaria at the moment, so I will not know until the weekend if it is what he needs.
It certainly seems to do what he wants when I tried it on my PC with my digital photos.
Thanks again for your help.
Alan

ukexpat

Re: how do you use exif files in photoshop

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:13 pm

artist wrote:My cousin Andrew has just gone over to digital (Olympus E-1)l ( and wanted to know how he can extract the RAW exif data in photoshop any help much appreciated .
Alan

This what he sent me: Can you tell me a way of 'getting to' the Meta Data that my camera generates (we talked about Meta Data the other day) so that I can use it in my records - it would be useful to be able to lift the picture filenames, date and (for instance) ISO speed so that I could use them in my records - if for no other reason it would reduce the possibility of error in typing out long (seven-digit) file names which the camera allots to the pics. Ideally I would want to send them to a MS Access file, but text would be fine...

In PS CS I think you can save EXIF information separately from within the File menu...

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras how do you use exif files in photoshop