Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon's speelite flash

Digital Cameras

Canon's speelite flash

snappingturtle

Canon's speelite flash

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Hi,

I am looking to purchase one of three flashes canon has to offer. I could not find much reviews on them. I am looking at the Speedlite 420EX, 540EX and 550EX.

I only use flash in indoors, sometimes in low illuminated rooms like a dim restaurant for example. Is the 420 good enough or would I need to go to the 540 or 550?

Thanks,

Hugh

framewerkz

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:10 pm

Been using the 550EX for a couple of years now, and I can't say I've been disappointed by it. The way I see it, it's probably worth laying down the $$$ for the 550EX, that way there's no upgrade issues in the near future.
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

castledude

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Unless you are using one of the hacks your 300D won't do that well with the 420 because it doesn't supprort Flash exposure compensation.

The 500 series has a switch selectable FEC.

ukexpat

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:14 pm

framewerkz wrote:Been using the 550EX for a couple of years now, and I can't say I've been disappointed by it. The way I see it, it's probably worth laying down the $$$ for the 550EX, that way there's no upgrade issues in the near future.

I use a couple of 550EX's and they are first rate pieces of equipment -- well worth the $$.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon's speelite flash