Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Panasonic fz10

Digital Cameras

Panasonic fz10

corne

Panasonic fz10

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:43 am

I just got a fz 10 from my wife as an aneversary gift personaly i would not buy it but its the thaught that counts.

I Have had not one good photo from it yet every single photo 350 odd has a red fringe arround the focus point. I went to have a look at some of the photos on here and non of them seems to have the same problem. The closest i came to it was some photos taken of yankees(i think) where the player had some green fringing. this might be jpeg's doing

is it a setting that i have wrong or is there a problem with the camera?

tried getting to a panasonic website but as you would think could not find one so HELP ME PLEASE. to top it of I live in New Zealand so this is not a $600 camera it is worth $NZ 1300 and is supose to be one of the better cameras out there.

castledude

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:05 pm

Try posting the question here
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=23

A lot of FZ10 users and the panasonic rep checks in at that forum.

You might want to post a few problem pictures in your account so you can refer to them.

Good luck...

bobtrips

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:43 pm

Also take a look at the Panasonic forum at http://www.dpreview.com.

And post one of the problem shots for us to look at. It sounds like you've got a bad camera. If so, then you fall back on the warranty.

Personally I've never heard of red or green fringing. There are sometimes problems with purple fringing in areas of high contrast. The classic case is a dark branch shot against a bright sky. Some cameras (it's a lens creation, not a sensor problem) will add a bit of purple 'noise' along the edges. It's fairly easy to get rid of this problem with software.

But it sounds like you've got something else happening.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Panasonic fz10