Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel or Canon D60?

Digital Cameras

Digital Rebel or Canon D60?

renem24

Digital Rebel or Canon D60?

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:02 pm

Hi,
I allready have a digital rebel camera but I have a chance to buy cheap(around $600) a Canon D60. My question is how is better to keep the digital rebel and not to consider buying the D60, or to buy the D60 to replace the digital Rebel? Which one is closer (in picture) quality to the Canon 10D?
I would appreciate your advices

Thank you

castledude

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:52 pm

All use similar sensors so the quality is about the same for all the cameras.

The major thing is the features. The D60 has more features enabled (although the new Russian hack for the Rebel gives back a lot of them). The focusing of the D60 is slower and has a harder time when it is dark.

What you might want to do is take a look at what features you wish were better in the Rebel then go over to dpreview or steves-digicams and see if the D60 does it better. Also read the stuff on the 10D at those sites since they talk about what improvements were made from D60 to 10D and you can see if that feature is important.

bobtrips

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:02 pm

I'd say that unless you can identify a feature of the D60 that would make a significant improvement in your photography (or make the process significantly easier) I'd pass.

Use the money to buy a lens that would increase your capabilities or save it for a major upgrade two or three years down the road.

We're going to see more pixels on the half-frame sensors and better focusing/metering systems as time goes on. You'll want one....

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel or Canon D60?