Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Need help getting my OLY 2100 repaired

Digital Cameras

Need help getting my OLY 2100 repaired

braveart

Need help getting my OLY 2100 repaired

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:43 am

:( Hello . Can someone tell me where I can get my OLY 2100 UZ repaired? It is broke. Get error message, and won't bring up the menu. Got any ideas? :? [/b]

bobtrips

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:41 pm

Do a search for Olympus and check their website for the nearest repair facility.

Try to get an estimate before having the work done. I had my C2100z repaired and it cost close to $400US. If I were faced with that problem today I would probably apply the money to the purchase of a new camera.

My choices? A Panasonic FZ10, Minolta A2, or a dSLR.

braveart

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:16 pm

I have tried the internet and get the Ebay auctions. Found a few repair shops but they are vague about repair costs and return policy. Hum. May have to search for a used one from an independent person. Anyone want to sell their Oly 2100? In working condition??? :?:

ukexpat

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:47 pm

marydoo wrote:I have tried the internet and get the Ebay auctions. Found a few repair shops but they are vague about repair costs and return policy. Hum. May have to search for a used one from an independent person. Anyone want to sell their Oly 2100? In working condition??? :?:

Try contacting Olympus themselves:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_consumercontact.asp

lasombradelosdiablos

C-2100 for possible sale

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:52 pm

marydoo wrote:I have tried the internet and get the Ebay auctions. Found a few repair shops but they are vague about repair costs and return policy. Hum. May have to search for a used one from an independent person. Anyone want to sell their Oly 2100? In working condition??? :?:

I'm half way considering selling mine but I didn't think anyone would want it. It's a great camera although there are so many others on the market than have more attractive features. I want to use the money to apply towards something similar but with higher resolution. I have a camera bag, a set of extra batteries, two UV lenses, one protective lens and all the cables manuals, etc. to boot. The only problem is that even after selling this one I wouldn't have the funds to buy a new one yet and I would be without until then. I don't know when that's going to be soo .... If you'd like to make an offer ... or anyone else for that matter, just send me a message from my galleries. My galleries will show what I've done with the ole 2100 so far.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Need help getting my OLY 2100 repaired