Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New G12

Digital Cameras

New G12

troron

New G12

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm

This camera has made me very happy. For nearly 50 years I have had two 35mm SLR bodies and a 35mm Olympia view finder. I suspect in all those years I took more pictures with the Oly than both of the SLR bodies combined. I began switching to digital about ten years ago and currently have Canon D7 DSLR. But I had nothing to replace the Oly until now.

I love this camera and use it like the film camera by wrapping the strap around my arm so that it cant fall off and and hold it in my hand while I am walking around. See a shot? bring it quickly up to your eye and shoot. No LCD screen required. View finder all the way. When it comes to my eye the diopter is preset. I have reading glasses so cant see up close. The only way I can use the LCD screen is to walk around with my reading glasses on my nose and stretching out my arms to the LCD screen resolves an image.

Is the articulating LCD display useless? Oh heck no! I love it and uses it often but for a walk around candid, low light, quick, capture you cant beat the view finder. Lots of people hate it. I understand that. It's hard to use if you have no experience. It's like beer... an aquired taste.

PS the G12 comes alive in less than one second. That is a bonus for quick shots.

dansudbury

Re: New G12

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 pm

I bought one last year because I wanted something small and pro enought to carry around all the time. I did not regret my purchase I do not count how many shot I already took with that little jewel but I just love it!!

grompem

Re: New G12

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm

The G12 is my travel camera. I always take it with me even when I have no plans to take pictures. It is superior to low end SLRs in image quality, focusing etc.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New G12