Board index Equipment Digital Cameras To all of you Canon EOS 10D Owners:

Digital Cameras

To all of you Canon EOS 10D Owners:

ugot2bkdng

Post Sat May 29, 2004 7:50 am

Does this qualify?

http://www.pbase.com/image/25472707

Taken with a 10D and an EF 75-300 IS USM lens. There are more in my galleries all taken with that lens or an EF 28-135IS USM lens. Some are soft and some are sharp (to me) depending on the lighting and the camera settings. I shoot RAW because I like the flexibility to adjust the exposure level, sharpening, contrast, and white balance. I had a G1 before I bought the 10D and I shot in RAW mode with that camera as well. I am still learning to use my 10D and someday I hope to get a "good" lens or two. Until then, I will get by with what I have.
Chuck

gpaai

Post Sat May 29, 2004 9:45 pm

I guess that is what I like about digital photography. With a little post editing you can get as soft and/or sharp as you like. I took the following image with an Olympus C-5060WZ. Notice how I go from a soft skin complexion to real sharp eyes. http://www.pbase.com/image/29468239

It may just be my opinion, but when you look at photos in ads, billboards, etc., they're usually not coming directly from camera to print anymore. Why should we be so concerned that ours does. That's not to say I don't leave some of my images alone, but I like the option.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

wilfredmrand

For the record: 300D and NO REGRETS

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:17 pm

By the way, it is not a 'plasticky toy.' This is built exactly the same way as FA-18 wings....and I don't think the Navy would have chosen inferior construction methods for the most abused aircraft in the world (in fact, they rejected mag alloy because it wasn't durable enough for the stress of catapult launches and carrier deck landings). Molded and milled polycarb shell spotwelded unit body attached to a steel chassis.

Might also add the 300D weighs the same as my Nikon F2....more if you add the battery grip.

Exactly the same sensor as any Canon professional CMOS-chipped DSLR. This is the 1.6 factor variant, will produce buttery smooth images up to 20x30.

This is not to dissuade anyone from the 10D, but I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from the 300D either.

And by the way, I use it professionally.

Previous

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras To all of you Canon EOS 10D Owners: