Board index Equipment Digital Cameras canon 30d cf vs sd option

Digital Cameras

canon 30d cf vs sd option

yoshi15

canon 30d cf vs sd option

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 pm

hello. sorry for the dumb question but i do not know who to ask. so here i go.

i have a 30d and have been using the cf sandisk extreme III 2gb cards for a few years now. no issues love them. just ordered a new mac bk pro that now has the sd slot.

i have seen little converters on the market where you place an sd card into a housing for a cf card and then into the 30d it goes.

curious if anyone has any thoughts or if its not broken just stick to my cf cards.

i guess my question is has anyone tried a sd card into a 30d with this converter thing? if yes what sd card was used?

any input would be great :-)

ericvision

Re: canon 30d cf vs sd option

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:39 pm

You could always get an expresscard compact flash adapter. You can get them that sit flush with the laptop case so its just like a built in slot.

jim_cary

Re: canon 30d cf vs sd option

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 am

thecellartroll wrote:You could always get an expresscard compact flash adapter. You can get them that sit flush with the laptop case so its just like a built in slot.

Looking at the Mac specs. The Mac Book Pros with the built in SD card readers do not have a express card slot in them and the one that does have a express card slot does not have a SD card slot. So this would not be an option for him to try.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras canon 30d cf vs sd option