Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Pictures disappeared

Digital Cameras

Pictures disappeared

johndavid

Pictures disappeared

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:24 pm

I had a family barbecue on Easter Sunday evening and thought I better get some pics so started clicking away. The battery ran out after the first so changed batteries and continued.Each pic showed up on screen OK after it was taken, but next day went to download to PC and found most missing! Earlier pics taken previously were still there, as was the first(I think) that I took that night.I fired more shots then on manual and auto, with flash and without and they were all OK.I took the card out and read it on a card reader, but same story. Not there.I checked the camera without the card - only one shot from the past still there.Checked the card which comes up as a hard drive,and checked the totals as a disk, the available and sum of previous pic bytes balanced.The camera is a generic 3.1 MP with optical zoom and panasonic CCD. Where did the pics go?

seo services india

sthuman

Re: Pictures disappeared

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:42 pm

johndavid wrote:I had a family barbecue on Easter Sunday evening and thought I better get some pics so started clicking away. The battery ran out after the first so changed batteries and continued.Each pic showed up on screen OK after it was taken, but next day went to download to PC and found most missing! Earlier pics taken previously were still there, as was the first(I think) that I took that night.I fired more shots then on manual and auto, with flash and without and they were all OK.I took the card out and read it on a card reader, but same story. Not there.I checked the camera without the card - only one shot from the past still there.Checked the card which comes up as a hard drive,and checked the totals as a disk, the available and sum of previous pic bytes balanced.The camera is a generic 3.1 MP with optical zoom and panasonic CCD. Where did the pics go?

seo services india

Do a Google search for a program called "RescuePro". It's made by SanDisk. It should find the missing photos. When your battery died it was probably during a write to the card operation, which messed up the directory. I think it comes loaded onto all SanDisk cards when you buy them, but it can be downloaded free from a lot of places online.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Pictures disappeared