Board index Equipment Digital Cameras CF Card Recovery

Digital Cameras

CF Card Recovery

bobt54

CF Card Recovery

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:05 pm

A friend of mine had a CF card go bad on her and she really needs to recover the data on the card. Putting the card in the card reader shows it as unformatted. Putting it in the camera shows and error.

Do you all know of a reputable recovery software or service you have used?

prinothcat

Re: CF Card Recovery

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 pm

DataSavers, LLC recommended to me when I buggered up my external drive. Reasonably priced. Apear to have a fairly good turn around time. I haven't sent my drive in yet since I have to buy another external on to which the data will be recovered. There is also an outfit called Datatech that runs a series of remote sites, collocated with other computer service companies I have not checked them out further. Their home operation is in Denver, DataSavers is in The Atlanta area.

addendum... 10 July 09 I just had very good luck using a software package called Phoenix Photo Recovery from Stellar. 39usd, they are in Europe some where it appears. It worked like a charm on my reformatted Seagate External. Mac and PC versions available. Another that came recommended was Data Rescue II 99 usd. Haven't used it yet, I will use it if the Stellar product doesn't find everything I know is on the drive.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras CF Card Recovery