Board index Equipment Digital Cameras S7000 goes to reset on battery change

Digital Cameras

S7000 goes to reset on battery change

arty1

S7000 goes to reset on battery change

Post Sat May 08, 2004 11:39 am

My newly purchases s7000 loses time, date settings and goes to default settings whin i change batteries, this even happened when i removed a good set of alcaline to replace my Ni MH which had just charged, is this a problem or a Querk P.s. no compact flash card is used and camera is switched off.

boilerz25

You may need a CF card when changing batteries.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:30 pm

I usually change the batteries when I have both a microdrive card and the xD card installed and this seems to work for me. Give it a shot.

jmphotography

Re: S7000 goes to reset on battery change

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:26 am

I have an S3000, and every once in a while it will do the same thing. But only when I use inexpensive batteries. Ever sense I bought a box of rechargeable NiMH 1850mAh batteries I haven't had the problem. The camera must determine that the batteries are low, when the voltage drops below a certain point. Fortunately when NiMH rechargeable drop below that point, the batteries are still holding enough power to keep the memory going for a while. Unfortunately, the average Alkaline only delivers about 600 to 700mAh, which of coarse is terrible. I have saved lots of "$" using rechargeables. Hope this helps.

SonnyandCher

gillettecraig

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:01 am

My S602 did that once or twice too. It's been a while and I forget what the "fix" was and don't do anything special these days. Since I'm using the same batteries as I have for practically ever, it may be related to having a card out on power out/power up. You might ask on the Fuji forum at Dpreview.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras S7000 goes to reset on battery change