Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Help! DSLR having problems

Digital Cameras

Help! DSLR having problems

mudrunner1

Help! DSLR having problems

Post Tue May 05, 2009 3:55 am

hey guys, ive been viewing the site for years, but finally deciding to become a member.. but i have a problem. I have a Canon Rebel XT. has the 18-55 stock lens that it came with, but the auto focus will not focus. it just goes in and out and stops out of focus. and in the viewfinder, only the far right focus dot lights up. please tell me if you know anything about this problem, or know where i can have it addressed. --- thanks -- Mudrunner1 ---> Kyle

heez10

Re: Help! DSLR having problems

Post Sat May 09, 2009 9:01 am

mudrunner1 wrote:hey guys, ive been viewing the site for years, but finally deciding to become a member.. but i have a problem. I have a Canon Rebel XT. has the 18-55 stock lens that it came with, but the auto focus will not focus. it just goes in and out and stops out of focus. and in the viewfinder, only the far right focus dot lights up. please tell me if you know anything about this problem, or know where i can have it addressed. --- thanks -- Mudrunner1 ---> Kyle

Give us more info. Did you just buy the camera, have you used it before with good results?

bottesini

Re: Help! DSLR having problems

Post Sun May 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Just a thought and I don't want to state the bleeding obvious but have you set your camera on manual focus point selection. If that is the case then it is probably set on that one focus point that may not be over a part of the scene that can be focussed. Try changng the focus point orsetting it to centre or auto. I don't know your camera but I assume that all cameras have the facility to change focus points manually.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Help! DSLR having problems