Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FinePix S1000fd

Digital Cameras

FinePix S1000fd

annelance

FinePix S1000fd

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:08 am

Fuji FinePix S1000fd New camera for Christmas. It cost $169.00 at Costco. I tried it in the latest of a series of storms. It seems to operate very slowly in cold weather.......around zero degrees. That is probably camera abuse! The zoom is sharp. I have it set to fine and chrome color. Taking a picture of a moving object such as a horse is difficult because the camera is slow. You have to anticipate and take lots of shots to get a good one. Check out the shots. They have been tweaked a little with the Photoshop Le5 (vintage program!) I am a photographer on a budget! http://www.pbase.com/annelance/the_winter_storm

jniemann

Re: FinePix S1000fd

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:43 am

Really nice shots - looks like a good little camera you got there.
Cheers,
Judd

tiffanyjeanne

Re: FinePix S1000fd

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 am

Those are really nice shots! I too am a photographer on a budget, and have just purchased the same camera...upgrade from 7 mp point-n-shoot I had been using. Only had it out for a cpl hours before going into work, but I have been extremely impressed with the supermacro mode (got a nice one of M&M's LOL) and with the zoom! I do agree that the camera is a little slow, but I tried a cpl shots setting the shutter to high speed...seems to help a little.
Take care!

-Tiffany

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FinePix S1000fd