Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Cannon10D or D60 Question

Digital Cameras

Cannon10D or D60 Question

mgreenslade

Cannon10D or D60 Question

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:19 pm

I notice when viewing "Full EXIF Info" on most 10D or D60 user's Photographs that the "White Balance= (-1)" & "Metering Mode=matrix(5). How do I set my 10D for these Settings, White Balance and Metering please.
I have viewed the 'Manual' but, cant get these Settings. Am I missing something here? My 10D White Balance is Set on "Auto". :?

Mike.

mikezite.co.uk

polyvios

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:22 pm

I use raw (on a 10D) most of the time but still get the WhiteBalance -1. Matrix has to do with your metering. Evaluative will give what you're looking for.... then again I ALWAYS use manual mode and always get program (1) in the exposure box!!!!

ukexpat

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:40 pm

polyvios wrote:I use raw (on a 10D) most of the time but still get the WhiteBalance -1. Matrix has to do with your metering. Evaluative will give what you're looking for.... then again I ALWAYS use manual mode and always get program (1) in the exposure box!!!!

Maybe this is a bug in the EXIF data or in the handling of that data by the RAW converter. Which RAW program do you use?

polyvios

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:04 pm

Here goes: I use Capture One DSLR 1.2 PRO for convertion to Tiff and the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (haven't upped to CS yet) for sharpening and saving to Jpeg (level 7) and all other editing (converting to B/W cropping etc) That's about it!

mgreenslade

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:34 pm

I wonder if its something to do with the software in the Camera? I use a UK Canon10D. Maybe if you own a Overseas Camera maybe the software will vary?

Mike.

http://mikezite.co.uk

ukexpat

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:43 am

mgreenslade wrote:I wonder if its something to do with the software in the Camera? I use a UK Canon10D. Maybe if you own a Overseas Camera maybe the software will vary?

Mike.

http://mikezite.co.uk

Nice theory but I bought my 10D here in the US...

polyvios

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:27 pm

UK bought here too. With Firmware 2.0 (updated by me). Any other thoughts?

karusel

Post Tue May 04, 2004 5:05 pm

You can set up WB in camera if you shoot jpeg, or in raw converter if you shoot raw, it's in the manual. You can easily set up metering mode, again read the manual.

ukexpat

Post Tue May 04, 2004 5:49 pm

karusel wrote:You can set up WB in camera if you shoot jpeg, or in raw converter if you shoot raw, it's in the manual. You can easily set up metering mode, again read the manual.

Duuhhh -- I have read the manual -- this is not an RTFM issue, it's an issue with the way the EXIF information is being reported. Please read the thread again.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Cannon10D or D60 Question