Board index Equipment Digital Cameras made in Japan vs made in Thail.

Digital Cameras

made in Japan vs made in Thail.

variatio

made in Japan vs made in Thail.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 am

Hi there, I live in London and I am really frustruated by looking for a camera model D300 to be made in Japan. Is it possible, that this model is not made in Japan ?? I know Camera D700 is made in Japan. I would really approciate you to give me some advice. And if you had some experience with Londons shops with cameras I would be happy to hear it. Thank you really much. Sincerely Lenka

snappingturtle

Re: made in Japan vs made in Thail.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Don't worry about the D300 being made in Thailand. It's still designed in Japan, just assembled in Thailand to save production costs. But it is still just as capable as the models being manufactured in Japan. As far as I know if it says made in wherever country on the bottom, all chances are the whole product model is going to be made there. If you really want it made in Japan, you will have no choice but to go for the higher end D700, D2X/D2H family (discontinued), or D3.

dougj

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 pm

It doesn't matter where a product is manufactured, major manufacturers use quality assurance systems that are transportable. This means the products they manufacture at any plant have measurable and achievable standards of quality and reliability - it's designed in.

moxfactor

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 am

i've had my d300 for half a year now, and it's given me no problems at all, unless you consider that clear plastic screen protector thing a little hard to remove being a problem. :)

aliahlewis

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I am living at UK and before four months I have bought my D300 and screen protector for it and it is absolutely fine working. As everyone said the manufacturing place doesn't matter at all for any product but the manufacture does as the quality depends on it. So whenever you buy anything you don't bother or worry to find the product made at particular place because it never guarantees the quality of it.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras made in Japan vs made in Thail.