Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 40D versus Xsi

Digital Cameras

Canon 40D versus Xsi

lookingforcurly

Canon 40D versus Xsi

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:47 pm

This may sound dumb, but should I get better pictures from a 40D than a Xsi, all other thing being constant; and why. I use exclusively L lenses or Canon primes.

Thanks

djwixx

Re: Canon 40D versus Xsi

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:59 pm

This may answer your question given someone else's experience,
http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37905&p=245978&hilit=xsi#p245978

dougj

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:44 am

You can also go to dpreview.com, they have decent reviews and tests of both bodies. You can do a side by side feature comparison and download their test images & judge for yourself.

agroni

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

i have only one word to say

CANON 40D

pixelliste

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:52 pm

I recently bought a Canon 40D... I was all set to buy the new XSi, but when I took it in my hand, it felt very light and «plasticky». With the same lens, i was able to notice a big enough difference to make me change my mind and buy the 40D! I never regreted it yet! I chose a 70-200 F4L USM lens to complete the package! Awsome camera with tons of possibilities! Wouldn't go back!

Pixelliste

redcrown

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:08 pm

I have to agree with pixelliste. Having changed from a Nikon D200 to a Canon 40D in March, I have absolutely no regrets. IQ is first class - I became increasingly frustrated with the lightly 'veiled' appearance of images from the D200 (which seems to be a characteristic of Nikon DSLRs - I read yesterday that Images from the D300 and D700 appear 'veiled' too). As for ergonomics, I find the Canon more logical to use than the Nikon, something which flies in the face of convention (of course, it could mean that I'm illogical compared with others :idea: ). Those who make a living out of studying these things conclude that the IQ of the 40D is better than any of the Rebels, all things being equal. Build is also better and certainly the Rebel would be too small for me to use easily. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 40D versus Xsi