Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Rumored new Canon Lenses this Fall

Digital Cameras

Rumored new Canon Lenses this Fall

leejungil

Rumored new Canon Lenses this Fall

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:07 am

Anyone hear of some Canon Lens rumors for Phototechnia..? What are you wanting Canon to release? I myself am wishing for a EF200-400 F/4 L IS USM or a EF600 F/4 DO IS USM

Cheers, Jerry

sheila

Re: Rumored new Canon Lenses this Fall

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 pm

So, Jerry, what exactly was wrong with the Canon 600 you were going to sell? Not expensive enough :D ?
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

prinothcat

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 pm

sheila wrote:So, Jerry, what exactly was wrong with the Canon 600 you were going to sell? Not expensive enough :D ?

DIdn't make his ***** look big enough. :lol: :twisted:

leejungil

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Ms Smart, FYI The EF600 I Had sold was replaced with a brand new in box unit as the other one had a slight blemish on the side. So we sold it so that i would have a mint copy of this awesome EF 600MM Lens.

Cheers, Jerry

jestev

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:03 pm

bulbmogul wrote:Anyone hear of some Canon Lens rumors for Phototechnia..? What are you wanting Canon to release? I myself am wishing for a EF200-400 F/4 L IS USM or a EF600 F/4 DO IS USM

Cheers, Jerry

Why?
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

prinothcat

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:23 pm

bulbmogul wrote:Ms Smart, FYI The EF600 I Had sold was replaced with a brand new in box unit as the other one had a slight blemish on the side. So we sold it so that i would have a mint copy of this awesome EF 600MM Lens.
Cheers, Jerry

Which of course still resides comfortably in its box.

sometimes it's just so eeeaaasy.

snappingturtle

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:59 am

bulbmogul wrote:Ms Smart, FYI The EF600 I Had sold was replaced with a brand new in box unit as the other one had a slight blemish on the side. So we sold it so that i would have a mint copy of this awesome EF 600MM Lens.

Cheers, Jerry

These equipment are workhorses designed to serve "battle" in the world of photography. But this is treating them like pussies! Just shamefully not good. :evil:

It is said that if you retire without any scars on you, you were a sissy all your life. The same applies to photo gear. Everyone knows now that you've got a enormous thingy. But when they hell are you going to use it?

akmc_in_au

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 am

What are you wanting Canon to release?

After reading the other replies, I suspect that there's a history here that I don't know (and probably don't want to know) about. However I'll answer the question anyway since I've always been puzzled by this particular gap in the Canon range.

I'd be content with an f/2.8 version of the 24-105 f/4 L IS. But I ain't holding my breath, and given the price differential between the IS and non-IS versions of the 70-200 f/2.8 I don't like to think of what the price would be if they did release one.

prinothcat

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:27 pm

akmc_in_au wrote:
What are you wanting Canon to release?

After reading the other replies, I suspect that there's a history here that I don't know (and probably don't want to know) about.

yep there is. You can search for it if your really interested... or just go along and laugh with the rest of us.

Oh and my truthful answer would be...

Nothing since I shoot Nikon. :mrgreen:

sheila

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 am

Jees, Prinothcat, please don't get Jerry interested in Nikon :lol: If he does, we will all be yet again, ad nauseum, subjected to "Mine's bigger than yours" .. or in Jerry's syntax "Our's is bigger than yours" with his newly purchased Nikon lenses and will have the world's biggest lens collection which he has absolutely no idea how to use, let alone get out of the box.

Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

prinothcat

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:29 pm

sheila wrote:Jees, Prinothcat, please don't get Jerry interested in Nikon :lol: If he does, we will all be yet again, ad nauseum, subjected to "Mine's bigger than yours" .. or in Jerry's syntax "Our's is bigger than yours" with his newly purchased Nikon lenses and will have the world's biggest lens collection which he has absolutely no idea how to use, let alone get out of the box.

Sheila

:lol: :oops: sorry.... :roll: :cry:

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Rumored new Canon Lenses this Fall